• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best prices on Polaris ATVs

neusbaum

Northway Sports in East Bethel was really good to me. Bristows was also good if you deal with the right person (there is a girl who was really good but I cannot remember her name.) and I will never return to Meis after they told me ther "best price" and then advertised it lower in the local paper 3 days later.

neusbaum, I would check with Vetters in Kasota. I bought a Sportsman 500 X2 from them and the first price they quoted me was less than the other 4 dealers would reduce to. Also bought my 1st machine from Mies (Good people,too) only twice the mileage for me. AND....Vetters is closer to you! Phred52

I would have to second the vote for 61 Marine and Sport, back in 1999 when I got my Xplorer 400, they were $600 cheaper then anywhere else. Don't know if that has changed. I would honestly stay away from The Hitching Post, but just my opinion.

From my expirence with the Hitching Post (used to be in St. Anthony Village, now in Spring Lake Park), gave my Dad the run around on his machine, and he even Purchased their Gold Plan, and still gets terrible service.

Chopper City in Fridley (off Highway 65) could also be a place to check out, and the owner Marv Jorgenson is usually there, and straightens things out, or at least that has been my expirence when getting a few parts there.

When I bought mine in late 03 I found the best price at Bristows just south of St. Cloud. I called a few places within about an hour drive of home and they beat all prices by $300-$500 easily. I wanted to give the local guys the business, but they could not match the price. I also had a couple of cold weather updates done under warranty without any trouble.

I purchased my 04 Polaris Sportsman 500 from hitching post in South St Paul, they qouted me a price then when i came in to purchase it they changed the price higher of course . They also tried to charge me for some waranty work i informed them of the sevice bulletin on it then they said it was ok . frown.gif

I realize this thread is about Polaris, but I bought my Kawi from Hitching Post. They pushed the Gold Plan really hard. The salesman also talked about the ten hour check up throughout the sales-process as inclusive, When I broght it in 10 hours later, the service guy asked if I had the Gold Plan... I said no. He then wrote up a service invoice for $309.00 plus parts. Gardy's wanted less than $200.00 for the same service, even without purchasing the machine or the Gold Plan from them.

Looks like my Dad isn't the only one that got a run around from The Hitching Post.....I have heard other problems that other guys have had with them, and would not give them my business, nor will my parents, as they are looking at getting another Sportsman 500 before fall. Probably buy one from 61 Marine and Sport, or Chopper City.

Quote:

61 marine also treated me well, but make sure to get there OTD price as there is a "setup" fee tacked on.

What kind of setup fee did they charge you? My price was just a flat $5800 after taxes. A setup fee was never mentioned. Maybe it was just included in the price.

Quote:

Quote:

61 marine also treated me well, but make sure to get there OTD price as there is a "setup" fee tacked on.

What kind of setup fee did they charge you? My price was just a flat $5800 after taxes. A setup fee was never mentioned. Maybe it was just included in the price.

When I looked over the invoice there was a "setup" fee for putting together the machine they also charged me for gas in the machine so they could run it. My thoughts are If you are the dealer there should be no setup fee, that should already be built into your "best price"

I'm not sure if this is 'best' price, but they seemed pretty good to me. Bristows is clearing out their 06 sportsmans.

700 efi $5799

800 efi $6499

I didn't ask about anything else, they might have the 500's and rangers marked down too???