• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

flip over question

walldoggie

I was just wondering if anybody has tryed to secure the flap to the side of the sled with either velcro, or snaps..

and by flap i mean the loose part of material that usually sits on the ground and where the canvas is attached to the sled. there is a gap in there and was wondering if anybody came up with an ingenious way (other then snow) to attach that piece to the sled somehow.

I did this with my fish trap lite, stitch the velcro to the canvas with needle and thread, I actually used fireline. I also did the chain thing and it worked pretty well. The velcro won't hold against a strong wind.

Good luck

Walldoggie, You could also try heavy duty snaps. Pick-up a snap kit(includes tool) from a fabric shop for like $7 and pop rivet the snaps onto the tub. On my yukon, I first used the screws that come with the house. Then I converted it over to the snaps (on the bottom of the tub rail) and it works GREAT, seals well and doesn't come loose on its own. In the spring, I take off the tent, clean it, fold it up and store it in a rubbermaid tub. Never need to worry about mice etc.