• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Muskie/Pike Photo Board

Random guy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

did that fish get hit with something on the side?

She went under the boat and rolled, got another hook caught in her side. Wasn't in deep, just under the skin. I think she'll be fine.

As for where I really need to edit obvious things like that background out out of pictures! laugh.gif

No you don't . Part of what makes that picture awesome is the completeness of it . From the motor to the beach there is a fullness to the pic that is really great . I don't think that people are going to bombard your lake just because they see a swing they recognize and if they do recognize it they probably already fish there . Great picture - nice fish ! smile.gif

I netted this one for my fishing buddy. By far his biggest fish ever. We're still trying to figure out what the expression on his face says. Shock? Strain? Consternation? Measurement came in at a very fat 52".

DSCN1673.med.JPG

I'm not gonna to lie, I caught this one on accident trolling a No.9 Taildancer for walleye on White Bear Saturday morning, but it was a beautiful fish and a heck of a fight! Measured just shy of 46".

WB_01.jpg

Finally...after at least five weeks of fishing for these friggin' things and at least five trips to MN pretty much dedicated to fishing for them, I got my first Muskie to call my own. A 46" on the same double showgirl my buddy got his hawg on above, but different lake.

DSCN1676.med.JPG

The next day, my other fishing buddy (can you believe three guys in a 14' boat throwing Muskie gear? Luckily I can cast left or right-handed) got this 48" on a different double showgirl on yet another lake.

DSCN1678.med.JPG

I woulda had a few more if a Lily Tail had more than one hook point and if I didn't freak out when Jaws hit my Weagle. I really wasn't ready for something to bite it, since it never happened before and seems too weird. I'm just enjoying the fact that I finally could walk-the-dog properly and out of nowhere a monstrous head full of teeth with big black eyes comes out of the water like some horror movie. If I had somewhere to run, I would have. Instead, I just scream and yank my poor Weagle out of harm's way.

The others woulda had a few more if they actually tried to set a hook or would bother to do a proper figure 8. It's hard to stay on your "A" game on every cast for 14 hours a day. I get to a point where I think the activity is just casting for casting's sake and I forget that something could actually interrupt that pursuit.

To all the guides that have done their best to help, thanks a bunch (this means you, Jonah, Brian and Troy wink.gif). I'm sorry it couldn't have happened when one of you were around.

Things I learned:

Lakes up north are way more fun than Metro lakes (though that 52" was a metro fish).

Sun sucks. Sunny calm days suck even more.

Double showgirls rock. I hear they love cowgirls too (and I have at least five now), but if they keep taking the showgirls, why torture myself even more than I do casting 1000 times a day?

I got a 6'10" Fig Rig Heavy and *love* it for casting just about anything. I makes Double Cowgirls feel like Showgirls. It makes Showgirls feel like a Vibrax.

I've got three more days to see what more damage I can do...