• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

power hawgs

grab the net

Just saw in one of the spring fishing catalogs that Berkley is bringing back the original Power Hawg, 4 & 5 inch models. The Bungee model never quite did the same job for me as the original. Hopefully they will offer it in the 100 count bags for a little discount for bulk purchase.

Hiya -

Yep, just saw them in the Berkley catalog. Glad they're back. I like 'em too. Great flipping bait or on a football head. I will sometimes take the 4" ones and yank off the middle twister tail legs and fish them on a ball head too. Sort of like a paddle tail with two paddles. Great cold front jig...

I did not, however, see 100 ct bags listed...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

i have never fished berkely hawg but have fished brush hawgs and i like those cause they catch big fish. HOWever i love bungee worms because they have a tail that curls back up like a night crawler would when you are not moving them. They have built in action. which means the less you do the more the bait does for you. most of my bites come when it is just sitting there. i also like to use it when it is hotter than doom out and the fish have seen it all. It looks greatly natural. ike

I can't find them - looked for 2 years. My buddy found a couple packs at the Brainerd Fleet Farm last year.

The bungee worm when pulled through the water straightens out the tail, but when you stop it the tail slowly curves back. Like someone doing the come here finger motion. Did that make any sense at all? I dunno, but they were the cats meow. On my cubicle here at work I have a pic of a 21" largie caught on the almighty bungee. Good finesse presentation. Now I use the regular worm and it still catches fish, but not like the bungee.

It all started one fine day when my buddies and I caught around 60-70 bass that day on that bait. Of course we've never had a day like that after that, so it couldn't have been great timing, or stable weather, or some other cosmic factor. It had to be the bungee grin.gif Well that's the word on the street.

Hiya -

I've never done all that well with the 7-inch Bungee worms. The 4-inchers can be really good on a drop shot or splitshot rig though.

If you watch the Pure Fishing factory outlet HSOforum, they pop up on there from time to time.

Speaking of soft plastics - anyone locally (Twin Cities) carry Producto products? I'm almost out of Tournament Grubs. I know I can order them online, but I hate paying for shipping...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

if you like Berkley stuff you might start your season fishing Spirit Lake or Okibogee. Right accross from the Berkely plant there is a factory outlet with bulk and great prices.

Somebody asked abt the bungee worm. it's unique because it tapers to a real sharp little tail, kinda like the tail on a fluke. the tail will quiver as the you let the jigworm fall

RK

No luck, I asked several of my bassin' connections, no hook-up, no pun intended. I think you need to be south of the Mason/Dixon line to stumble across any Producto lures in shop. Place an order and let me piggy back it and I'll cover the shipping.....

Chris