• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fiskas Jigs

Scott M

Does anybody know if those swedish Fiskas Jigs come in glow in the dark? I was really impressed with these jigs...the tungsten helps them drop like a stone and the paint detail is amazing. The hook setup is great and the fish have loved them so far. But when night time comes, I had to switch to something that glowed. Anyone see any glow jigs? Maybe I can pick up some glow paint and adapt some of my own.

I also love them for the weight/size ratio. Just wish they had other colors of glow besides the standard green (at least in the really small sizes). check sportmans or gander both carried them (the glows) earlier in the year.

They do have some that glow... I however, have not had the luck you have. I too like the rate of fall and that they fish heavy. But, the hook seems to small for the size of the head, and I end up missing a lot of fish on them. I have done much better on the Hali jigs and the new Diamond jig by CJ&S.

again, just my opinion.. I love the paint jobs on them, love the colors they offer, love the tungston, just not a fan of the hook.

These are great jigs! Hooking fish was an issue for me early on too but it has since gotten better. I twisted the shank of the hook where it meets the head of the jig out and to the right. This provides a little extra gap that wasn't there right out of the package.

First off I can't believe I am posting in the Panfish Forum!

I have close to the same opinion as Dietz. Hooking percentage is low for me. And I have actually snapped some of the hooks off when I was tweaking them.

I have done well lately with the Optic Jigs from Little Atom. They seem to be very close to the Fiskas but have better hooks IMO.

This does not mean I do not use them from time to time, as am still learning some of the panfish game.

mw

Wow, thats like a double negative... First posting in the panfish forum, and then to agree with me?... yikes!~

I wish more companies would try the tungston thing. I have no problem paying a couple of bucks for an ice jig.. You do not loose that many of them. I'm not going to give the Fiskas I have away, but they have lost confidence in being used a lot.

Quote:

are you used to the carp forumn?back a couple clicks,just kiddn.only couple weeks left for gamefish,then its all pannies

No Carp do not have teeth either! grin.gif I should have known better than to step in here.

I have really been enjoying going out and getting the pannies this winter. It has been a few years since I have persued them. Normally this time of year I would have been switching over to jumbo perch fishing.

Just for the record I did well on Fiskas the other night.

mw