• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crazy Cold Cats

DTro

I wasn't going to let the cold weather come between me and a fun catfish trip. cool.gif

A quick and impromptu gathering of some the Belle Plaine cat league guys was organized. Some were able to make it most could not.

Myself, Hanson, Larry (LFC) and Ed braved the cool temps and managed to ice 20+ cats. No monsters but a few nice ones mixed in with some smaller fish.

Total morning bite, very slow afternoon.

But no doubt about it, a very fun time.

Thanks Guys!

oh yeah, I was pulling in fish too, but you'll have to put up with Hanson's mug as I was running the camera all day grin.gif

IMG_0018Small.jpg

Hey Larry & Darren, Good Times eh?? smile.gif

This trip was the 1st Annual Belle Plaine Cat League winter fun event! smile.gif I say 1st Annual because I think some of the other guys are going to want to come next year. We started planning this event this fall at the end of the year party. Finally found a weekend when a few guys were available and it turned out to be one of the coldest days on the winter. smile.gif

The only league guys who were interested in braving -10 with a 20 mph wind were Larry Haugh, Ed Church, Dtro, and myself. Thankfully... the fish cooperated for awhile and we all had some action, probably 20 cats caught total with Larry & Ed getting a couple dandies! smile.gif

The Belle Plaine Cat League is a small (but growing) group of catfish anglers. The League fishes every other Friday night through the summer. Emphasis is on FUN!, Friendship, and healthy competition. smile.gif I can't wait for this summer already.

Glad you guys had fun!

That's it guys!

I'm officially jonsin' for some cats! Methinks I'll have to go this week sometime.

Thanks for the vids.

Say Chris, what's with the two-hole set-up? Fishing in current, or just trying to keep the 'ducer and line holes separate?

Quote:

Say Chris, what's with the two-hole set-up? Fishing in current, or just trying to keep the 'ducer and line holes separate?

Had my Ice Buster Bobber set up in the far hole and was jigging in the close hole with the flasher. Just turned out that all the fish were caught in the back hole. There was no current where we were fishing.

Quote:

I have to admit even though those kitties don't fight as hard in the winter I had a great time catching them. Thank you Hanson for getting me on my first cat through the ice. Boy am I glad we had a good heater in my house. Brrrrr it was cold. Larry my e-mail is
grin.gif

Email has been sent with pics and access to vids.

thanks

LFC