• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Streaks

riverrat56

So who is on a streak of not harvesting a bird in a long time?

Me it's six years now that I haven't shot one, for that matter I started 6 years ago. I've gone every year with either my drawn permit or surplus.

Beyond that I think my family is cursed, my dad has been to the Black Hills twice and hunted 7 seasons in Minnesota, between the 2 of us we have over 70 days in the feild and not one bird, two misses, 1 each, and on the second day we ever hunted together, I was 10 and was just tagging along, dad passed up a Jake, "this is too easy, we will have a chance at a bigger one sometime"

Ya Right.

Well the 1st 3 years I batted 1000 in both Minnesota and Wisconsin. Since then I have gone 1 for 6 in the two states. I have 2 blanko seasons going right now. I have helped a friend of mine with a couple of birds the last 3 years. Last year was the 1st year we both struck out!

I too, thought I had that whole sport dialed in... even harvesting 2 different Toms on 2 occassions less than 10 minutes into the season... but now it's their turn to make me look silly... though that isn't a hard thing to do! grin.gif I had 2 chances last year and messed both of them up! No one to blame but myself! Looking forward to this year... We're in the prelim stages of planning a Merriams hunt on the prairies of SoDak... need to draw a tag 1st.

Good Luck to you and your Dad RiverRat, make it your year this year!

Good Luck!

Ken