• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slightly cold day!!

Went on a road trip from Lakeville, down to Alma, WI, then to Red Wing (Colville Park) searching for Eagles and then up to Prescott, WI in search of a Barrows Goldeneye. None of us said too much about being cold, except in the facial area that was exposed... and man was a 20+ mile an hour wind in your face coupled with the temp made for a biting sensation. here's a few I came away with.

Colville shots...

steamycolville2og2.jpg

barnblufffoggyday2zm3.jpg

Common merganser carrying on...

commonmerganserflightshfl0.jpg

A Redtail Hawk that was holding tight on a fishing dock tucked behind a hill out of the wind.

redtailonicydock2pq3.jpg

Through the fog...

icystick2ha5.jpg

A few shots a fellow photographer (Guy S) took of me. The first is with Andy.

mikeandandyatcolvillebg6.jpg

Getting the right angle... gotta love the Gitzos.

mikelentzgettingdownqk1.jpg

How are the eagle numbers down there Buzz? I was down south of Redwing last March and they were thick on the river. I'm hoping to make a return trip this year. There was a pulloff on the highway and on the far side of the river there must have been 100+. It's a fun sight to see (and an opportunity to snap a few shots).

I like the shot of the stick coming out of the river.

I thought about you guys as I spent the day inside a nice warm gym shooting basketball games all day Saturday grin.gif You guys should get a big "A" for effort! Oh, and your sensor looks good wink.gif

Quote:

How are the eagle numbers down there Buzz?

In Alma they were all way back, but there were a good number of Eagles and in Red Wing we saw maybe 40???

Quote:

You guys should get a big "A" for effort! Oh, and your sensor looks good

Dan, thanks again for taking the time to clean my sensor, I now have the courage to do it myself! Also, thanks again for having me and my two children over at your hanger, Ryan loved the airplanes! wink.gif