• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sorry no pics available frown.gif It looks brand new just a few chips of paint off the auger. The reason I have two is last weekend a few of us were going up to Cross Lake and a friend of mine was buying a new four-stroke so I left mine at home.(NEVER AGAIN) I arrived in Cross Lake and called to see where he was at, low and behold he still had'nt left yet, this being 3:00 p.m. I was'nt waiting I ran to Brainerd and purchased a new one.

Not to bust in on this post but I've had a Jiffy 30 3hp for 25 years and it hit the shop for the first time 2 weeks ago. It still ran great but leaked gas from the diaphram when you primed it. The newer ones might be different but mine is a work horse. I'ld get another one but mine doesn't want to break.

Jiffy as well as Strikemaster that use this 3 hp often need some fine tunning on the carb after coming out of the box. After you did though you don't again or at least for a while. I have two auger similar to this one and I have not issues with them at all they are a very dependable auger and will always cut a hole.

Quote:

everybody i know with a 3 horse has had problems with the motors. have you had to do anything with it yet! i'm lookin for an auger, just don't know what i want yet.

I too have had the 3 HP 10 inch Jiffy for 10 years now and the only thing I've done to it is replace the spark plug. Starts easy and has always performed well for me.