• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone ever used a Clam 2000

LCC0709

I am wondering if anyone has ever used a Clam 2000? I am wondering if you can use two camping chairs in there and still have room for your heater and Marcum flasher. Also, is it possible to drill two holes on each side. I am wanting to get a portable and have found one in a box and the store wont open it since it is the last one they have.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

my brother has a clam 2000, yes, you will have room for all those things, the flasher might be a little cramped if you have two holes, but you can solve this by leaning it off to the side instead of between the holes. He made more room in his 2000 by taking a milk crate and cutting slits in it so it sits above the fold on the floor, then he can set his heater on top of this.

What store in Bemidji wont let you open the box to look at the fishhouse before you buy it? I would straight out tell them that if they want to make a sale they should let you look at it.

i agree, you can fit all of this in there. i use mine for those really cold days.they heat up nice(t-shirt weather) with a mr.heater, well below zero.the only problem i've had is the poles will sometimes freeze up, so be sure to spay them with wd-40.

I forgot to mention that I and most of my friends are big guys and all I have are big folding camping chairs. I don't really want to buy more but am scared I will have to if I get this. Are you able to drill 2 holes in each opening as well.

Thanks for the info so far.

With two larger chairs, its going to be cramped. Throw in your gear and you won't have much room at all. You can drill two holes for each opening, but nothing bigger than 8".

The clam HSOforum should have the dimensions listed, so that might help you.

i have the clam 2000 and yeah you can fit 2 camping chairs in there with all that stuff but it will be cramped. two holes can be drilled in each side but as said above nothing larger than an 8". also i have found that when it gets really cold my zippers stick, might just be mine but thats what i have found. the milk crate is also a very good idea. you have to cut slits in the top so it sits level on the floor but then the flasher or heater is up off the floor so you don't have to strain your back to see it. all-in-all a very good buy in my opinion.

I have one and it's really cramped with the chairs. I use a 5 gallon bucket and put the board from the holes on top and sit on that. gives you more room. I have room for my heater and flasher and camera.It gets a little cramped with the camera but not to bad.