• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On demand water heaters

fishinchicks

Just had the plumber out going over his estimate for our next project. He recommended an on demand water heater. What are some of the good ones out there, and are there any to stay away from as far as brand goes? Sounds like it would be the way to go, but I haven't had the chance to research it yet. Any thoughts?

Gas is most efficent and less costly,But if you have hard water They glog from the minerals fairly quick,no problem?you have a water softner! Well then the salt is going to clog it! I had one it was GREAT AT FIRST!But after 8Mos.It was a constant problem! If I lived in a city I'd have one for sure.Want to Buy a used one?

Yes, it should and will. Remember, a softener is not a filter, it's an ion exchange resin. You know the water pressure in your house, when it gets a little less, replace/regen the filter. Or, set it up on a daily/weekly/monthly basis.

I know the aquafer dynamics of your area quite well. If you start to notice a "Rotten egg" smell or have excess iron in your water you may want to go manganese greensand filter. That is a whole different story. If you ever want to go that route get a hold of me and I can help ya out for fairly cheap.

Hey boilerguy, I just built a house out in the country this summer and we have been living in it for about 6 months now. My plumber recomended the same thing and we have had zero problems. Off peak electricity was a new concept to us but we actually have our water heater and in-floor heat hooked into it. (its a seperate meter right next to your regular meter.) FYI it only kicks on when the demand for electricity is low in your area but it saves you a bundle. Last month our elec. bill was about 160 but that is how we heat our whole house and water. This is my first house but my dad told me thats pretty good price. Before it got cold our bill was about 120. We have a marathon 105 gallon tank, its pretty big but with four of us in the house we have never ran out. Sorry this is a little long winded but i know the frustration when i was looking for info on this topic last summer. Hope it helps.