• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why does everything you drop, ALWAYS find the hole in the ice?

Kylersk

Last night I landed my first walleye of the season. A 29" 8#'er (using cheap scale)! Man was that fun! Of course, I didnt have my real camera, so I called anyone who I knew might have been on the lake, but no one had a camera. So, I decided to ask a friend to come over to my house so he could take a picture of me, with my camera phone. I figure that was better than nothing. Well, once he got there, I grabbed the eye out of the cooler and was preparing to hold him out. He flopped, fell to the floor, and down the hole he went! I'm still kicking my self in the rear for that.

The only picutre I got was her in my cooler. The cooler is 19" wide. Not much to see.. frown.gif

29eye.jpg

WOW, nice fish! Sorry I couldn't help you out last night when you called. Even if I would have been out there still I didn't have a camera either.

I never bring one because then you have a better chance of catching a fish like that. If you have a camera with you ', you are almost guaranteed to catch NOTHING.

Kylersk, Nice fish, Congrats! Was that your biggest "ice walleye"? Gotta tell you a little story.

When by friend got back from "Desert Storm" we did a lot of fishing. It was about this time of year and we were in a large house with a couple of buddies. My friend caught a large walleye, about 30 inches. As he lifted the fish up, another "buddy" decided to get in on the action. In his haste he knocked over a really heavy ice chisel which in turn hit my friend on the head, knocking him cold. You can immagine what happened, flop, splash, gone! When my friend came to, I figured the other guy was going down the hole, Much to my surprise he shrugged it off and even laughed sbout it. He would have liked a pic! Not to be. Well, keep on fishing, Brent

That was my biggest walleye ever! I dont think I've ever caught a walleye over 4#'s before. I think the most vivid image that's etched in my head is when I first saw the head of it coming up the hole. She gave me a big toothy open smile wink.gif

Ouch! Hit in the head with a chisel? That had to leave a mark.

Havent lost a fish down the hole yet, but so far my tally is pair of sunglasses, Knife, Rod/Reel Combo and a tape measure... Somebody could become rich diving for the dump people drop down the holes!!

Nice Fish!!!

I was fishing once with the brother in law and our wives once. The brother in law was showing the wives how to keep the beer cold. Just throw one in the hole and they float. Well he threw three in and they all sank. He could not believe they sank. When he went to throw the fourth one in the hole I stopped him. The moral of the story is beer cans float if they have a little air in them. If they are filled to the top with almost no air they sink.

I have a Clam 5600, which has doors on both sides, when we get set-up, we only use the one door. So a couple weeks ago, I catch a nice little crappie, and go to throw it out the door we are using on the other side, and sure 'nuff, hits the door, takes 2 bounces and right down one of my dads holes.

Last year my brand spankin new Motorola RAZR went down the hole and before I knew what fell in the hole I threw my arm down to catch it. I have know idea how, but I caught it.

I dryed it off and removed the battery and it sill works great!

dude what the heck? did ya loose my number? i thought you knew that i basically live out of my fishhouse when the ice is on? i always have a camera with me and i also keep a disposable one in the fishing bag. nice fish though. if you put in your hours on that lake you get a reward or two every now and then.good to know she is still swimming. btw, this time of year that fish should have gone closer to 9 or 9 1/2lbs mine was an excact 9 lbs at 29 inches and i was told by the taxidermist that i was robbed of at least of half of a pound or more as she was a bit on the skinny side. at that time i did have it mounted as it was a very large fish but now i do release anything over 22'. been slow over by where i am at on the lake. i get one here and there but you cant beat the quiet. its just nice to be outthere. if you need my number again e-mail me and ill send it to you. ... paul

Hey nytelyter!

I didnt know you were still around.. Hadnt seen ya post in a while. I took my house off yesterday.. Heading to mille lacs this weekend and LOW next week. I may drop the house down for an evening of fishing the bay before the trip. Otherwise I should be back on the lake the weekend of the 17th. I'll shoot you an email...

Lost a brand new Leatherman down the hole one time. It was sitting on top of my yellow bucket, something happened, it got bumped, and it was like slow motion watching that leatherman fall off and down it went... DOH!!!

Dtro now that is fricken funny. Holy man. I had the same think happen with a walk talk this year on a construction project it fell into a 15 foot deep shaft hole and I looked much like the video trying to get it out. I ended up waiting until the rebar cage got set in place and then I craweled down inside and retrieved it.