• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone fish the Dallas area in TX?

jwhjr

I'll be down in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area during the first week of April to visit family. I'm going to try and see if I can sneak some fishing in. Does anyone have any suggestions for lakes/guides etc.? I've done some searching on the internet, but I was looking to see if anyone has had any experience in the area.

We fished lake Athens two years ago when we were down there. It is a very nice little lake; clear water and not many stumps. The fishing is pretty good. I think we caught about 25 fish, biggest about 6 lbs. It will remind you a little of MN lakes. It is also the lake that hosts the share a lunker office and I think you can tour the facility.

Farm pond Stock ponds Go east on I think its Hwy 87 toward Paris Tx see water stop & ask everyone in that area either builds ponds for cattle or to fish they all stock em mostly Florida bass and channel cats,Their all proud to show a stranger their great fishin holes!In my personal experiences anyway.Good Luck Yankee