• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soooo sick of it already

DTro

Is the world coming to an end?

Slow news day?

Good god, it's a little cold weather!

Well..... I'm going fishing.

If your staying "bundled" up, be careful not to trip on your dress on the way to the bathroom......Sallies grin.gif

All kidding aside. Aren't you tired of the media treating us like first graders?

They are reducing the events at the WINTER CARNIVAL!!! What's the point of a winter carnival if we reduce events and cancel others because....of all things......we start having winter weather! Maybe the winter carnival should be held in April instead?

I've never heard so many complaining about what the weather is going to be like this weekend.We have been waiting for cold weather all winter know that it's here everyone is complaining.I'm not talking about people on this site just people in general!They were talking about canceling the winter carnival parade because it's to cold how dumb is that?Isn't that what the WINTER CARNIVAL is all about doing things outside in the cold!That would make us Minnesotans look stupid if they canceled it and the national news got a hold of it. confused.gif

Wouldn't it be great if you had a news station for minnesotans,instead of one run by these California, Miami transplants. Like to see a weather guy "say -5 out there right now we be making ice" or "just the temp my sled starts to run good at, instead 0 tonight better stay home. Someone gets 12" of snow they say poor people better call it a natural disaster get the Gov. in. A real minnesotan says lucky @#@#! they don't have to trailer up.

I hear ya,the news is making this little cold front sound like a natural disaster.So it's gonna be cold for a few days big deal!I think they would change their tune if they lived in Baudette or Ifalls it's at least 10 to 15 degrees colder here on average than in the cities

Its more a less the fact the global warming has made the last

few winters so mild the media has forgotten what real MN weather

can be like. Geez, a few years back in 96/97 we had one of the

toughest winters on record and yet they forget about it overnight.

I love it when it gets back to normal. Sure beats the heat

the summer has been giving us in recent years. I can always

put on more clothes for cold weather, same is not so true

for warmer weather. grin.gif

Quote:

Wouldn't it be great if you had a news station for minnesotans,instead of one run by these California, Miami transplants. Like to see a weather guy "say -5 out there right now we be making ice" or "just the temp my sled starts to run good at, instead 0 tonight better stay home. Someone gets 12" of snow they say poor people better call it a natural disaster get the Gov. in. A real minnesotan says lucky @#@#! they don't have to trailer up.

LMAO PERFECT

Maybe, just maybe, this normal Minnesota weather will send some of the wusses who came up from the south and crowded our fine state back to where they came from grin.gif It would be nice to be able to drive on the highways with people who know how to handle winter again. By the way, it is a lovely -20 F right now, and loving it. It felt good to have a hot cup of joe outside while feeling my nostrils freeze. Funny thing is, last night when it was about 3 or 4 below in Pine City, I made a comment to my buddy when we were packing up that "it ain't too bad out" smile.gif

I can see where everyone is coming from, but I would only say that it's good for people to know how cold it is and the dangers of cold most specifically for their kids. Frostbite within 10 minutes of exposure is nothing to sneeze at or shrug off. Yes, of course, there is common sense that comes into play here, but for the kids sakes, I don't mind the warnings.

This must be the first time we have ever seen below zero weather. They squak about it being cold out and it really isnt that bad. I have fished in much cooler temps than these.

The news channels have to talk about something and they must think the citizens of Minnesota have forgotten how to deal with cold temps.

Well it's a balmy minus 27, a lite wind so the wind chills are only in the minus 40's up here in LOTW country.

A great day for the tourists to have the pond! I even have a nice warm and cozy 8x16 I could go fish from but to heck with that, I'll sit home and watch fishing shows on TV for a change and eat Perch fillets fron the other day!

Brrrrr.....My big brown Lab sure got his business done this morning in record time too!!!

fiskyknut

Best fishing I ever had on Lake Of The Woods was when the temp never got warmer than -25 during the heat of the day!

Gimme a good cold winter so mother nature can make things normal again around here! Open water in January! Enough of this crazy global warming talk. It's funny how all the records for warm weather occurd around 1930! blush.gifcrazy.gifshocked.gif

Well good for you Finlander. I've had great days on the LOTW ice sheet when it's colder than that, as well as when it's fifty degrees above and I'm getting a tan on the ice! I've been on the pond 32 days since December 2nd so I'm not missing out on too much by skippin this weekend I reckon. Plus I really prefer to fish during the middle of the week when there are far fewer terrorists {tourists} out on the ice!!! Much more peaceful indeed!

Hit the ice for a bit tonight. It was cold but ok in the house. Setting up and taking down was another story. Didnt want any exposed skin thats for sure. blush.gif

Even with this nasty cold I managed 8 eyes wich was better than I expected considering. (6 tossed back)

Its doable just prepare well and make sure your propane is as warm as you can get it. Mine was cold and spewed on my heater causing me some excitement for a bit. Got it turned off and cooled down and it was ok later.

Be careful, dress for the conditions and have fun out there.

Quote:

Funny thing is, last night when it was about 3 or 4 below in Pine City, I made a comment to my buddy when we were packing up that "it ain't too bad out"
smile.gif

Thats funny, We made the same comment last night. I said to my buddy,"I thought they said it was going to get cold tonight"? He says,"Well you know those weather men are never right". cool.gif