• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favre's Back!!! And you know what that means!!!!

Scott M

Nice observation

It's also good to note that Favre has twice as many passing attempts as Blanda thus far. Blanda had 4,007 in his career to Favre who had 8,224 and counting.

Just face it you guys aren't real thrilled about the announcement, but Packerland is ecstatic. I don't give a rip what sort of records he breaks, he's the best chance for the Pack to win next year. It sure made my Friday better.

I didnt hear he was officially coming back, but I am glad. First he's going to break a few more of Dan Marino's all time TD record! And I know he's a little past his prime but he still gives the Packers the best shot at winning over Aaron Rogers.

But I have another thought. The Packers should send Aaron Rogers over to the Vikes. They need a QB like him; he doesnt play and when he does he gets hurt. tongue.gif Then we'll call down to the Atlanta Falcons and get their current back-up Matt Shaub, and he can be the back-up one year here and then start. Figures to be a good plan since the last Falcons back-up we got is still here! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I was watching ESPN and they confirmed that he will play and the Packers are having a press conference soon too. He announced it this morning to a Biloxi MS newspaper and Packers GM Ted Thompson confirmed it. I belive he needs 7 more TD's to break the all-time record of around 147 that Dan M. currently holds. Cool!

I agree with you about people (shouldnt have to say who) being jelious. They are just [PoorWordUsage]ed because we have had a constant QB every year since Sept 13th, 1992 and they have been bringing has been's in over the years. Cunningham, George, Johnson a couple of times, McMahon and I am sure I am missing a few others. But overall I am glad he came back for another year, he has a few more left in him.

On drugs again TK........ grin.gif

A constant QB every year since Sept 13th, 1992.....ROTFLMAO 38 TD's and 47 INTERCEPTIONS the last two years...... constant.... grin.gif

Yeah were real [PoorWordUsage]ed he's coming back he does so well in the DOME.........lol.

Here this should make you feel good.

Wonder how many times he'll CRY this year....... grin.gif

plays so well in the dome?? Hmm, throws for 347yrds with 2td's, I would hate to see what is a bad game in your mind is?? Also I believe, correct me if im wrong but didn't the Pack sweep the Queens this year?? I thought so, must be doing some right then. 38 tds in 2 years is more than the Queens QB's have thrown the 3 years, I will take that anyday along with the picks he throw's.

Its not the Packers that Vikings fans don't like - its the short memory fans . We sweep you . You sweep us . We split . The record is what 43-43-1 or it might be your 1 up this year . Big deal . Want to talk about something fun . How about how Randy Moss OWNED the packers . How about how he Embarassed you on Monday Nite FB and most games he played against the Packers as a Viking . Why can't you guys stand on your own instead of having to be validated by the Vikings having several QB's over the past few years . I was glad when I heard Favre was going to play another year but now comes the usual stuff from the Packer unfaithful . I see it already , Favre throws 2 picks next years first game and the Packer fans will be all over the Radio crying to have him benched . Its happened the last 2 years and it will happen again .

Yes . I have heard that lame super bowl bit over and over . Its the cheeseweasle mantra . Blah , Blah , Blah . Cheeseweasles moon the Viking bus when it rolls down Vinny lane and then boo hoo when Moss does it to them . You can win super bowls for the rest of time but that won't change the fact your classless band wagon fans . The slightest ripple in the green & gold crying blanket and you guys want the QB benched and the coach fired . EVERY YEAR ! And please save the bit about sold out Lammy field etc. , the reason is there is NOTHING else to do . You guys are the best fans in the world when your team wins and THE worst when they loose and you know it . I live in northen Sconny and when the Packers loose you see NO green & gold and people can't even say Packer with out visible pain but if they should happpen to win 2 in a row .... Favre is back to being a god and everybody is wearing packer gear . Most of it new because when they just lost 2 in a row everybody burned what they had .

I know what you mean. I leave in WI and haven't seen any green and gold walking around since that wildcard blow-out at Lambert field in 2004. cool.gif

Seriously though, did anyone think he was actually going to retire? Why would he wait until after the season to announce that when all the publicity is over?

Also, Culpepper had 39TD's in 2004.

Brett Favre really has done a whole lot of nothing in the last 10 years. He got his ring, true. But since the ring its been more likely that Favre has been the reason for a playoff loss rather than a playoff hero. And sweeping the vikes this year? Yeah that was a real feat. That was about the most rotten viking team you'll ever see. And they still darn near pulled one at at Lambeau. I'm a viking fan but i dont have on purple glasses. Viking fans will be the first too tell you that this viking team was pathetic. No one will try and pretend it was anything but. And sweeping the vikes next year? Probably unless something drastic happens for the vikes. Its called being real. Something most packer fans are not when it comes too Favre. They dont want too talk about 6 ints against the rams. Or Vick, Micheal freekin Vick coming into Lambeau and winning in the playoffs. Or the pathetic performance against the vikes at Lambeau a couple years ago. Or the double digit underdog Broncos and beating the double digit favored packers. Elway shines bright, not Favre. And now i'll get that old standby that has already been brought up like 3 times just in this post. "At least the packers have a ring". And maybe even someone will bring up "well at least the packers were a double digit favorite and choked in the superbowl, not in the NFC championship game against the falcons". These have about as much relevance too some of these converstations as a viking fan trying too say bring up 2 twins world series titles. I know the vikings choked, it was the most rediculous game i've ever seen the purple play, even worse than 41-donut. But that stuff is only brought up because no one can actually refute the fact that in the last 10 years Favre has been more of a detriment too packer playoff runs than the hero.

Really all it means when it comes too Brett Favre coming back is that John Madden has another year of happiness and another year on the job. Once Favre retires so will Madden, what else will Madden have too live for?

i m diehard vikes fans but i will always respect favre on field and off field *he helped those katrina victims*.. there r no other qbs like favre he can make good 20 yard pass just using wrist snap. i think the reason he had high int nbr in past 2 to 3 year because hes making risk decisions and its got interpected. i hope he will have good season next fall n break those records

cheers

Farve also has alot of his passes tipped by his own "not so good" receivers, and then the ball gets intercepted. You just have to like the way he plays.He puts zip on the ball like no other, and he is great at calling audibles at the line, reading defenses, and has a "wee" bit of expierience behind him.He is out there having fun and giving 110% every game. Now next year we will have the pleasure of watching a Hall of Famer set more records, and win some more games.

I've lived in N. Wis. since '82, but still hold my BEARS close to me. Being a Bear fan in Packerland during the Favre era has been BRUTAL to say the least. The guy is a Bear killer (I think 22-8 overall), but still, I like the guy. He's old school, and when he finally does retire, it will be the end of an era. Why anyone would hate this guy, and discount his achievments over the years is beyond me. I'm glad he's coming back for another year. It will give us a chance at revenge for New Year's Eve! GO BEARS!

favre is not the best qb ever, of his time, or maybe ever to play for the packers. but he is one of the most fun people to watch in any sport. when he does retire, i urge all vikings fans to sit through the highlight films, and understand that he was a great football player. try not to see him as a packer