• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lake Gogebic?

What are you looking to catch? I fish Lake Gogebic about 3+ times a week. Early ice was great for #'s for walleye and decent this year also for size. I have 3 over 27 this year but none that hit the 30 inch mark but I heard of a few that have. I am a HUGE perch man and I am waiting to find them. I have done OK for #'s this year for perch but havent got a 2 lb'er yet, but I will. Let me know when you will be in the area if you dont know Gogebic I would be happy to show you some spots. March 24th is the 2nd annual "HOG A THON" it is an awesome perch contest. It is a tourney from 8am to 5pm and 1st prize is $500 and a free mount, not bad for a $25 entry fee.

So all in all #'s have been pretty normal for gogebic.

perch derby? Sounds fun, do you have an e-mail add. to see details about it? cannot make it this year but if there is that kind of perch in there would be interested in making it up there before that. What town is nearest to the lake? Any tips on where to stay would help. Thank you. Only had 2 perch sunday,10"-11". I wonder what a3pd. perch looks like grin.gif

Here is a link to for registration. There area alot of places to stay on Lake Gogebic with about 4 surrounding towns within 20 minutes. Perch Contest

Lake Gogebic is know by alot of the locals as the "DEAD SEA" but those are the people that EXPECT to catch fish in #’s and in size each time you go out. I am not saying it is a World Class lake but I have yet to find a better Lake to find Monster Perch through the ice. I have fished Devils and to me there is no comparison, Gogebic hands down for perch through the ice.

Maple Ridge is located on the West shore and it is within 5 minutes of my favorite perch hang outs, plus they are cheep if you are looking for a room. We stated the “HOG A THON” last year and we had about 100 participants we are looking to double that # this year.

Later,

PERCHKING

Thanks for the info Perch king. I'm not sure if I will be able to make it out there this year but for sure next year. I used to stay at one of the resorts on north end of lake in Bergland when we used to snowmobile up there every year.

Now wife, kids etc..so harder to get away smile.gif