• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What depth?

slick2526

Just wondering how deep should I look for the crappies and sunnies, well sunnies more than anything this time of year? Im in the detroit lakes area. The lake is called according to this map i have the max depth is 19ft but I would ad another 5-10ft to that. Its just shaped like a a bowl, really no structure besides a hump. There is some gravel that gos out into the lake from the public access tho. other was its a clay/sand/mud bottom. thanks for your help.

Slick,

At this time in the season, the green weeds should still be alive. Find the weeds and then search for the panfish on the outside edges of those. Also, a bit later the 'gills will move out towards deeper water. Look at your map and find a secondary flat in the 15ft. range. Fish that area where the flat begins to rise. The idea is the panfish will feed a bugs and stuff in this soft flat and slope. Any one else have anything to add? Did I give a decent starting point?

Good Luck,
Rusty