• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's brave?

anyfishwilldo

- Known good battery; never been drained to dead, less than 2 years old, plenty of CCA

- 5W dino oil or synthetic (loosen up the pistons)

- known good antifreeze mixture good to -40 or better changed in past 2 years, minimum (slush in veins is bad)

- known good fuel filter (impurities collect water and freeze in filter)

- known good starter and fuel pump

- blah blah blah...

For a well maintained vehicle, this is really all that is needed. If you doubt, you have these things to try:

- fuel it up and dont shut it off

- bring battery into heat overnight or put on charger, or keep a second charged battery inside for the AM for a jump.

- battery blanket

- plugin heater for engine installed and plug it in

- park it out of the wind, or put a tarp under the hood, over the engine and sides and shut the hood and pin down the side flaps

- burn charcoal in a metal garbage can lid to coals, and put under oil pan, or any other heater

- set alarm to wake you up every 2 hours, go outside and start it, run it to operating temp, later rinse repeat

I've done them all.

I love this weather...no jet skis rocking the boat!

I'm going out as soon as I wake up tomorrow morning, setting up 4 tip-ups, and fishing from the friendly confines of the cabin!

I'll be sitting on a bucket next weekend for my bachelor party during the day...thankfully it should be a balmy 16 degrees out there!

Spending the night out there tonight, the only difference is going to be going out and starting my truck periodically, not cause I think it won't start, just hopefuly to reduce cold starting wear. Days like today support the belief that you can never have a heater thats to big though.