• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Bowl Boards

IFallsRon

Late Thursday, police raided the business across the road from where I work and confiscated Super Bowl boards. They made the organizer go home and get the cash, too. I'm told from someone who works there it was over $4,000.

I always thought that they were legal as long as all the money was paid back and no portion was kept by the "house" for profit..i.e. gaming. There could be a dollar limit on friendly gambling but I am unsure what that amount is.

There may have been some other things going on there too...

just talked to a friend of mine who is a bar owner. even if 100% is paid out, they still cannot do it, its illegal.

it all comes down to the state wanting to tax everything, and they won't get there cut. whats next, taxing us to breath the minnesota air. confused.gif

Yeah, maybe a business can't get away with it, but a local joe collecting from folks at the office shouldn't need to think twice. I do remember something in the statute about "organized" pools being no-nos. Probably that's where the bar owner is on thin ice.

That could be it...an organization sponsoring a board.

I know that fantasy football is legal as well when it's just a group of guys and not officially run by a business.

BTW, pocketed $450 so far tonight. Gotta love 6's and 4's!

© Raffles may be conducted by an organization without registering with the board if the

value of all raffle prizes awarded by the organization in a calendar year does not exceed $1,500.

Subd. 28. Organization. "Organization" means any fraternal, religious, veterans, or other

nonprofit organization.