• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rick

Welcome to the Video Sharing Forum.

Welcome and feel free to put up your home videos (please stay within forum guidelines).

Enjoy.

We will need a good moderator, similiar to stfcatfish in photo sharing...I will need directions for how to post it on here, that is for sure. I've got some good video from this winter I wouldn't mind sharing, but I haven't downloaded it to computer yet. Looking forward to someone getting the ball rolling.

I think by staying in the guidelines we wont see any Paris Hilton or Pamela Andersons home videos then huh? :grin: :grin: :grin:

PS. Doesn't seem like the Graemlins work in this forum for some reason though. :o

Had the same problem when they opened the Canoe & Kayak forum.

They need enable the options within admin panel. jpegs prolly

won`t show up yet either. Was going to try but will wait till I see some posts first.

Videos are fun aren't they?

I use my digital camera "video" function for my videos. I've upgraded this year and the quality will be much better.

As far as downloading, uploading, editing, etc it gets a bit confusing. For the most part everything is available for Windows XP users.

Just go to:

Start>Programs>Accesories>Windows Movie Maker

From there you can import and capture movies. From there you can edit and such. For most digital photo cameras it is just a matter of downloading as you normally would any picture. Some cameras use Quicktime and others use Windows Media to play.

Once you have your final cut, you are ready to share.

I use a site called Photobucket. I have a free account and have quite a few videos. Not sure what the limit is, but I haven't hit it yet. You can also upgrade for more space when needed.

It's as simple as pointing to your video file and uploading to photobucket....just like a picture. The time it takes to upload varies greatly on your upload speed. Videos are pretty big files so it might take a while. I wouldn't even bother if you have dialup.

Once the video is uploaded and stored on the server, it's as easy as sharing a picture on this site.

**edit

well I had a couple of nice flathead videos posted, but upon further review I guess we are only posting "home" videos

Guess I keep those fishing videos to myself

A good cameraman helps a lot (thanks again dtro)

Do we need to define (home) video? Not to be confused with "homewrecker" video. LOL

What's wrong with having "anything outdoors videos". That is what this site is, right?

I also use moviemaker, and it is easy to use.

There are a few sites that host them for free, like google, but the quality suffers with google.

Is this site going to host videos? Say, up to 50 megs?

Roofer, it's home video only which also means outdoor video by regular joes.

We will not be hosting videos at this time.

Dark30 and dtro will most likely be able to help you through most of the process to get your videos up on a server somewhere and posted here.

I made Dark30 a moderator for this forum just cause I know he's good at it.

No problem, just asking. What are some other sites to offer hosting of video?

Thanks for the response. Now let's see some video! :)

I also use moviemaker, and it is easy to use.

There are a few sites that host them for free, like google, but the quality suffers with google.