• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which Rousch hauler?

onemagnum

Quote:

There Rousch cars, who cares
wink.gif

"They are, Their...... R-O-U-S-H cars". I'm going to just assume you've had a little to much exposure to the glue you use today! grin.gif

It was the #6 hauler, sounded like it was loaded with a show/sponsorship car.

Here is the whole scoop.

#6 Hauler involved in wreck in Texas UPDATE 3 former Cup driver injured: A NASCAR hauler carrying the #6 Roush Racing AAA Ford Fusion was involved in a multi-vehicle wreck 85 miles east of El Paso mid-morning Wednesday, according to Border Patrol officials. The accident occurred just after 9:00ammt [11:00am/et] at mile marker 102 on Interstate 10, near the Border Patrol check point outside the community of Sierra Blanca. Truck driver Jesse Bear, tells ABC-7 the tractor-trailer struck a motor home in the rear. According to ABC-7 reporter Darren Hunt, the front part of the rig's cab was completely torn off. The NASCAR hauler, owned by Roush Racing, was only transporting the AAA-sponsored racecar. Driver David Ragan was not involved in the wreck. Bear adds there were "a few other vehicles in the wreck, but everything was crushed together." Crews diverted eastbound traffic from the Interstate to an access road as crews cleaned up the scene. According to Border Patrol agents at the checkpoint, the hauler struck a motor home, which then struck another 18 wheeler, that then struck a 2nd tractor trailer. Emergency radio transmissions indicated that at least one person was rushed to Thomason Hospital with serious injuries. Emergency officials add there were 3 other persons transported to local hospitals. Emergency crews with Culberson County, Hudspeth County, and Ft. Hancock all responded to the scene of the accident. Law enforcement officials tell ABC-7 accidents of this type are not unusual for the checkpoint, as drivers aren't expecting to have to stop quickly, just off the interstate.(updated from kvia.com)

UPDATE: Roush Racing can confirm that the #6 Nextel Cup transporter was involved in a multi-vehicle accident with injuries in Sierra Blanca, TX in route from Las Vegas, NV to Concord, N.C. They will provide additional details as they become available.(Roush Racing PR)(1-31-2007)

UPDATE 2: A driver of a tractor-trailer with the NASCAR logo was critically injured in a traffic collision at the Border Patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca today, a Texas Department of Public Safety Official said. Joe Millikan, the driver of the NASCAR tractor trailer, was taken by ambulance to Thomason Hospital. Three other people, including Milliken's driving partner, suffered nonlife-threatening injuries. They also were taken to Thomason. Their names were not available, DPS dispatcher Julian Najera said. The cause of the crash has not been determined. Officials were also unable to say what vehicle the other victims were traveling in.(El Paso Times)

UPDATE 3: Two Roush Racing employees were injured in a multi-vehicle accident 85 miles east of El Paso, Texas yesterday morning. Justin Grebe, the driver of the #6 Roush Racing Nextel Cup transporter was treated and released from Thomason Hospital. Driving partner Joe Millikan, a passenger, is in stable condition in the Thomason Hospital intensive care unit. The two were returning to Concord, N.C. from a test in Las Vegas, Nev. According to local news reports, two other people also were taken to Thomason Hospital after suffering non life-threatening injuries. The cause of the crash has not been determined. Roush Racing will provide additional details as they become available.(Roush Racing PR)

Millikan ran in 80 Cup races from 1974 to 1986, with 10 top-fives, 38 top-10s and one career pole. His best season was in 1979 with 20 top-10s in 31 starts [his only full season], finishing 6th in points and was 2nd in the rookie race to the late Dale Earnhardt. His best finish was a 2nd at the March 1979 Rockingham race in the #72-Hayes Jewelers Chevy.(racing-

Quote:

It was the #6 hauler, sounded like it was loaded with a show/sponsorship car.

Given the driver situation in that #6 car, I'd expect this will be far from the only one that's bent up this year, show car or not, they may use this one if all the others are trashed!

True story Dog! I think there are going to be some O.T. for the fab shop boys this year!

I started to get the trolling itch, but now the cold snap......not so much yet!

I have started my "punch list" for things to due as soon as I pull it out of storage though!