• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tip UP Question

BigWadeS

Okay, so I am new to the tip up fishing world and anxious to try it. I have a couple polar tip ups, have my line and leader all set to go. One thing I am curious about, when dropping down your bait, what holds your line in place so it doesn't completely spool itself? I have looked at the spool and can't figure out what is holding the line in place? Please Help

Take a look at the pic on the Thorne Bros site. There is the silver ring that is on the main shaft that sits on the top of the spool and has the circle in front of the spool itself. Line runs thru there hangs down from it. That will hold it in place for you!

Tip Up Picture

I forgot this......sometimes that piece will move around on the main spindle, if it does too much bring a couple tooth picks and stick an end in and break it off. That'll hold it.

Also, if you have any old lids from a 1 gallon ice cream bucket (or similar), cut a notch in it up to the middle and slide onto the tip up on the main spindle between the frame and the spool. It's a makeshift hole cover, and will help keep the blowing snow out of the hole.

Hope this helps,

Chris