• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Portable organizer.

iceman1005

I have seen that Otter makes a few organizationals pieces. It is a trough that runs across the sled to put poles and longer items in. The best ones are ones made using a "template" and creating a very good way to organize your gear. But you can't beat a few milk crates and some nylon straps.

Good Luck!

Theres an outfit that has an ad every week in Outdoor News...They make a molded plastic insert that fits in a sled and organizes EVERYTHING...$200 Dont know the name offhand tho...look towards the back in the classifieds, they have an ad with pics...Ice House Organizer? something like that

Quote:

I was wondering if anyone knows where you can find some sort of organizer to hold depth finder, poles, takle, and other ice fishing stuff.

Why not design and make your own organizer? Cheap storage tubs w/covers are available at Target, WalMart, Menards, et al. in a variety of shapes and sizes. A local liquor store gives away empty cardboard wine and liquor boxes, if you ask for them. They can be cut to custom fit into the storage tubs... A sturdy Italian wine box designed to hold six large bottles is my choice for a custom rod organizer for my six rods and tip ups.

I have one medium tub that holds my underwater camera and sonar units, and a spare charged battery. Another tub holds my heater, lantern, propane stove, hoses and accessories. Another tub holds my spare clothing, camera, ipod, GPS, etc. Need to add another tub? Hey! No big problem... The tubs with the essential items fit snugly in my portable shelter sled... All the other tubs can be stacked neatly in my vehicle. Sometimes, specific tubs can be left at home if I don't need the items for a specific trip...

It's a pleasure to have everything organized just the way I want it... And it's easy to change something, if your initial arrangement can be improved upon.

But, as always, there are discriminating fisherman who object to the price... it's simply too low!

Good luck, whatever your decision...

I have a quickflip 3, and organized storage was a big problem for me, too. I tried a few different designs, and I ended up with a cheap functional setup. In the front, under the seat I mounted an organizer made from a hanging sweater organizer. It is almost 5 feet long and has 6 compartments about 6" wide, 12" deep, and 12" tall. I got 2, 3/4 inch plywood strips 3 inches x 5' long and stapled the organizer to either side. It got it at wallyworld for $12, and spray bombed it black. I mounted it under the seat horizontally with the open side facing up. Screw the wood directly to the sled on the "fishing side", and you can hang the back on the rear seat support with zip ties or screw it to something. This works great to organize tip ups, tackle boxes, beer, pop, gps, maps, extra hats and gloves, etc, anything smaller that would fit. Behind the seats I have 3 plastic hanging file crates that can hold bait buckets, vexi, camera, etc. I lay my auger on top and bungee it down. It works great, looks nice, and I did it for under $30.