• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cow gives birth to deer/cow cross!!! *DELETED*

Not possible. they are not even in the same family in the scientific classification system. A cow is a member of the bovidea family and a deer is a meber of the cervidae.

A quick Bio lesson. Two critters with a different family can not reproduce. Two critters HAVE to have the same Genus classification in order to reproduce, and there are even some exceptions where two critters with the same Genus, that can not reproduce.

Someone had some fun with photoshop

Well, coming from a dairy farm I know E.T. is used all the time, same with horses. Embryo transfers are a great way to get cattle back into lactation. You would have to ask a vet. about this, but couldn't the same thing work with a deer embryo in a cow? Sounds like a lot of work for someone to plant a deer embryo in a cow, and if you say it's a cross, then like the previous poster said, no way. My guess, an ET wouldn't work cause I bet the egg wouldn't fit the follicle or something like that.

So I just added nothing to this conversation!

Da_chise I don't know much about Et's in animals, but I would have to assume(I know that is something I should not do) that a females body would reject the embryo as it is foreign.

And if it was an ET would't it still look like a deer and not a deer/cow? LOL WOW I can't believe we are having this convo.

The genetic codes are different, they wouldn't match up. If by chance a cow egg was fertilized, it would abort upon the first transcription of DNA. The chromosomes wouldn't be able to form right. It definately would not be able to form a viable offspring.

Well all I know is that the cow was taken for testing by a vet team. Results were not back yet, What it is crossed with, I am not sure, I only know that if a vet team came and saw the cow and decided it need to do tests, it is not a cross between a holstein and a jersey or any other cow. All I know is what I was told and by the way the picture wasn't edited in photoshop!