• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Plows?

anyfishwilldo

I have an american eagle 60" on my wheeler. works great out here in the country. if I lived in town however, I'd go back to a snowblower hands down, but for moving a good amount of snow, it's amazing how much snow they'll push!!

I have a 60" at the inlaws on the bomb. and that goes great, I have a 48 on my suzuki in town and plow about 6 driveway and the sidewalks, I angle the blade and run street to street on the sidewalks, it goes really well. The bomb is 500 traxter and that can really move the snow just keep giving it gas and it will keep on a moving.

I have a 48" Cycle Country plow on my Kodiak 450. Love it. Plowed a trail through my woods in two foot of snow the other day. Amazing how much you can plow. I would, however, agree that if I lived in town I would have a snowblower - you have to have a lot of room to turn around with a plow.

I have a 700 Sportsman equipped with a Polaris V-plow. Most impressive, I live in a rural setting, my driveway is 1/4 mile long and this system demolishes it in no time!!! cool.gif It's currently at the dealers having tracks installed, this should increase the capacity and versatility for moving snow.

I live in town and I got rid of my snowblower for a 60" on my 425 Magnum. IMHO a snowblower is too much like work, the wheeler and plow is way more fun. I do not turn around though, I lift the blade, back up and make another pass. Just be careful of the grass edge or you will be doning a lot of repair work come spring!

I don't have the system, but the Glacier plow appears to be the best. I would suggest the 60" for angle plowing it covers your tracks. That way you are plowing a path wide enough for your machine.

I have the Eagle plow 60" and am satisfied with it.

Quote:

I don't have the system, but the Glacier plow appears to be the best. I would suggest the 60" for angle plowing it covers your tracks. That way you are plowing a path wide enough for your machine.

I have the Eagle plow 60" and am satisfied with it.

The V-plow I installed is 56 inch's, that's plenty wide enough to clear a path for my 700.

Once I have completed installing the track system on my machine, I am comtemplating installing an auger rack on V-plow. I have already tested the ATV with the plow attached while on the ice and it functions well. When the plow is raised in the up position it offers an incredible amount of ground clearence. Once the tracks have been installed the clearence will be that much greater ever increasing the plow's clearence. Mounting an auger rack to the plow should be practical and if implemented properly will not effect the plow's effeciency.

I do not know how the Glacier plow systems are? I own a 60" Eagle plow, the county plow (tapered blade) and have 0 complaints. I would suggest getting as big (60") of a plow as possible, because the wheeler will handle it easily, and when you angle the plow it will push the snow wider than your atv's tires.It is also helpful if you need to plow out large areas.Rocky mountain ATV sells great plows for $350 w/free shipping. On another note I was reading that some of the new Grizz 700's were having cold start issues. Just something I thought I'd share,being I know that is a wheeler you are considering.

Thanks for mentioning the problems with the Grizzly wonder why that FI isn't starting well in the cold. I really the the KQ I have rode it and it is sweet. I was thinking the Yamaha though cause of the power sterring. However I really do like the KQ. I was thinking smaller than the 60" blade cause of getting it on a trailer and pushing dirt I thought one would be better off with a smaller blade but then I guess you could get an area flatter with the longer blade surface. Thanks for any input on this issue as well as choice of wheeler to get. I appreciate it.

I also have the 60" glacier plow on a 700 Sportsman. I don't think I would want something too much more narrow than that. Works great, hooking up to the plow and disconnecting is very easy and fast. I wish they made an attachment that allowed you to turn the angle of the plow without having to get off the wheeler!

They actually do make an attachment that turns the plow angle for you without getting off of the wheeler. If I remember right they are on the spendy side though. I think the company is American Eagle, but I'm not positive?