• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for some advice on Devils Lake

The minute you get on the ice you will know where the trees are. You have to remember that Devils Lake has been flooding over land for over a decade there are many tree old homesteads that have been swallowed by this lake. All of these kind of things give a person areas to key on because they can hold fish. Also a lake map may be helpful. You can go to the ND game and fish HSOforum go under the fishing and boating link and look on the left side and there will be a link for lake contour maps. They have a great lake map of Devils Lake with 5' depth contours if you want better than that Lakemaster puts out a great paper map as well 1'or 3' I don't remember whick contours I believe.

As far as baiting your hook there are something you have to figure out for yourself grin.gif.

Try bubble-gum jigs and buckshots. I did pretty well on them, silver buckshot landed a few too. However, blue was my buddy's choice and he did real well with the perch. If you attempt the night bite I'd recomend an orange glow jigg'n rapala. They seem to glow a bit longer than the others. Put a stinger on center hook and send fathead down with it.Good Luck!

Thanks for all the help in here, we did not do very good the first day but then we moved to 6 mile bay and killed the eyes 27 the last night with 4 of us in about 4 hours, buck shot with a head worked the best

Thanks again for all the info

Walleye rookie