• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

VENISON BURGERS

hey guys/gals

Im making some venison burgers tonight, 3 hours or so from now..anybody have a great seasoning/recipe they use for veni burgers? if i dont hear anything by then, i will experiment tongue.gif

If you have a grinder or even a food processer, grind up some bacon... 1/4 package bacon to a pound of burger, finely dice up some onion, 1/4 onion to a pound of burger, and add a 1/4 pack of Lipton onion soup mix.... mix all ingredients well (you may need a splash of water... or beer to mix well), form into patties and grill or fry. Season with Kansas City steak seasoning while cooking. Top with cheddar cheese and bbq sauce on a butter toasted bun and you got some darn good burgers.

We do the above when we grind the venison in the fall... 4lbs venison to a pack of bacon and a whole onion and a whole pack of soup mix... 1/4 patty press and patty paper to keep seperated. Burgers are ready whenever you need them.

Good Luck!

Ken

Found some buffalo burger in the freezer that I forgot I had. Going to try Ken's recipe with it.

Got all the other ingredients and added some green pepper for color. Whoooyaa!

Got the beer going in anticipation. If it's anything but great, I will be amazed. The burger and the beer. I'll let you know how it works out.

If you don't hear from me, I died in extasy.