• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some new trail on the way!

Macgyver55

AITKIN, Minn. (AP) — The Aitkin County Commission has approved a grant agreement with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) to create a trail for all-terrain vehicles and off-highway motorcycles.

The DNR reviewed three plans for the trail -- one from St. Louis County and joint grant applications from Roseau and Lake of the Woods counties and Aitkin and Itasca counties.

In 2003, the Legislature passed a bill requiring the DNR to develop a continuous ATV trail at least 70 miles long. The Aitkin-Itasca proposal would create about 85 miles of recreational trail, and complement the existing trail system in the area.

Do you have any more information on this trail? When will it be completed? Where will it start? I have tried to contact the DNR and have left 3 messages and they don't return my call. I was hoping for the St. Louis County trail as we have a cabin near there. Is that trail completely out? Thanks.