• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5 gal Bucket holders

CrappieAttitude

Ok guys I am looking to try and jimmy rig something that I can attatch to my rear rack of my yamaha grizzly. I have a plastic box that takes up pretty much the whole back rack. Have any of you found a way to secure two buckets behind the wheeler. I don't want them dangling, but don't need them to carry that much weight either. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

CA

Check out Cableas--They have the three bucket system, and the nice thing about theres is that it folds flat to the rack when you are not using them. (under search put cableas three bucket system) It was on sale for 49.99 + shipping! I love it, it carries all my things for ice fishing + more!! I have a Polaris Explorer and it took me about 15 minutes to put it on the back! Good luck!

It kind of depends on the configuration of your back rack. They fit real good on my 2002 Sportsman. However, there is some room between the rack and the fenders to screw the nuts onto the bolts that hold the bracket. A friend has a 2006 Sportsman that has no room between the back rack and the fender. He also has the metal railing around his back rack and has a plastic box on the rack. He had a guy cut the flange off the rings and then re-weld it at a 90 degree angle so that he could fasten it to the railing. Works good. The Mad Dog bracket normally is held on by bolts going down threw the rack and through another metal plate that is supplied and then you put nuts on the bolts. However, you have to have enough room between the rack and the fenders to get in there with your fingers to put the nuts on.

puddleduck,you have answered a question that i have been meaning to ask. I have a 2006 sportsman also with a rack extender. I bought the bucket holder only to find out that the mounts are right where the rack extender bolts to the rack. I have to give what you explained a try because I don't want to take off my extender.