• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Golfing

bassNspear

I am so pumped up for the upcoming season...Last sumer i blew out my ACL playing softball...so this year is dedicated 100% to golf. I am in the process of looking at a new set of irons. I like Callaways XT 18's.....but the XT 20's are about to come out. So i am gonna see how they work. Just something about buying new clubs that seems to make a guy game just a little better. Either way its only a few months away. In the mean time i got my Fantasy Golf team to keep me occupied enough.

since i don't ice fish, i have plenty of time to think about the next golf season.i got a new hybred just before Christmas.( did get to hit it some with the nice weather we had then) lots of putting in the basement and stretching for now.headed to arkansa in march.

bass. he was just being cute! unless something happens to tiger, player of the year is almost a given.

on a side note! did you guys get any golfing goodies for Christmas ! i got a new glove and a doz. PV 1s !

I received some practice balls and tees for Christmas. I just signed the papers for my first ever country club membership, as well.

Tiger is my golfing daughter's favorite player. The golf team at her high school follows the masters as a team. They put all of the player's names in a hat, and she drew his name a couple of years ago. That was the year when he had the putt that paused on the edge of the cup. She won a sleeve of very expensive golf balls, which she doesn't want to use for fear of losing them in a water hazard. grin.gif

tiger is my sons' idol also. to me he is not only a great golfer, but look what he has done with charities, and his corporation .

it does seem that it is easier to loose the high priced ones compared to the cheaper ones! grin.gif and high school kids seem to loose more than thier share. i help our team out thou. usually every morning i check the creek at our course,( small nine hole) and pick up many of the balls that got lost the night before. then in the afternoon, i go back up( the course is 1 1/2 blocks away!) and lay them out for the kids to grab.

guilty!! grin.gif one thing it does do thou, it gives me a chance to try different golf balls, whether it be top flite,nike,wilson,titleist, or strata. it is amazing all the different models . my game doesn't justify playing the pro V's ( i'm a 17 hanicap) but it shure is fun to watch them on a green! my main ball is a srixon AD333.

hey pier,

i love my 7 wood it is my go to club at 200 yds. really holds the green well on those long par 3's. when ever i play with a beginer, i let them hit it and they almost always have their best shot of the day.

i prefer to golf with hacks, makes me look better. like playing basketball with short, fat guys grin.gif

can't wait to get out this year. should be soon here in cali cool.gif

Anyone here swing Callaway's? I am thinking about purchasing the XT-18's ....but the new XT-20's are out this year...I have not swung either of these clubs. I have a callaway driver and a callaway "forged" 56 deg. wedge. I absolutely love them. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the 18's or the new 20's?