• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brit Labs

MNDeerhunter

Well, after not being able to hunt my American Lab for the better part of the past 8 years (health issues), my wife and I have been exploring the idea of purchasing a new puppy this spring. We are 100% sure that the breed that we are going with is Brit Lab, but I have noticed that there is not an abudance of breeders to choose from in this state when just doing a "google search".

With that being said can anyone of the FM members recommend any other breeders that may not be searchable via the internet? I have spoken to Royal Flush, so I know that they are out there. But I want to see what others are like before I make a decision on the breeder that we are going to go with.

Any and all information is appreciated, and thanks for your time.

I was talking to a father of one of the kids on my sons hockey team. He is a very hard core hunter-knows his stuff. He has been researching British labs and he mentioned High Voltage Retrievers. Sounds like they don't have litters every year, but said they were excellent. He is also going to visit Royal Flush. NOTE: I'm pretty sure he mentioned High Voltage, however looking that their HSOforum, I don't know if they are British labs. How about Dennis Anderson of the mpls star/tribune newspaper.

My Brit is from KT British Labs. Just about 3 years old and I will go back and buy another from them when the day comes. Excellent hunting dogs that are relatively easy to train should you so be inclined. Do take a serious look at training methods generally associated with the breed and see if it fits your style.

Buddy of mine got his from Wildrose Kennel & she is an exceptional dog! I was lucky enough to buy a pup from him, that I'm now looking to get breed myself next year. They have some very nice dogs there too. I know my Buddy is getting ready to have his Wildrose dog bread again here in the very near future if your interested I'll put you in contact with him.

(Note From Admin, Please read forum policy, Thank-you)

I have a 9 month old from Royalty Brit Kennels (Royal Flush). I looked at Anderson and KT as well. So far, really like the dog. All that was promised. I researched pretty hard and feel I made the right decision. No affiliation with any company listed above. Would be willing to answer specific questions since this forum has been helpful to me. joppathehut at earthlink (Contact Us Please).

New to site and read your question about reputable breeder in the area. Don't know if you've found a dog yet, we bought ours in Babbitt, Mn. She's been breeding for 40 years, she was also a hunting quide for many years. She stands behind her dogs and is proud of the line she has built. We bought a yellow female in Dec. she's 5 months old now and is highly intelligent, calm and easily trainable. I wanted a smaller Lab and she should get to 55-60 lbs. I don't know if she has any upcoming litters, but i would definetly check her out. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if your still looking.