• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Replacing "cage" Around Stairwell

jjohnson5150

We are looking to replace the L shaped cage that surrounds our interior staircase at our cabin. There is currently a flimsy wrought iron cage in place at the time. Our primary concern is to build something up to code so our newborn does not get his head stuck. It would be a bonus if it looked decent as well. This only serves as a gaurd rail of sorts to keep someone from falling down the stair well. There are no 45 degree angles. I thought it would fairly simple to get done.

Does anyone know a good place of business that sells stair parts or pre fabricated sections that I could install? I'm somewhat handy, but I would like to avoid piecing it all together, drilling the holes in the railing, etc.

I edited, since I did not realize you just "wanted to snap it all together", but......

I'm doing the same thing right now.

Menards / Home Depot both carry the stair parts. Home Depot in pine and oak, Menards in 3 o 4 different wood types.

If you ever get over to White Bear Lake, there's a place called Windows, Mouldings and Doors. I went there to check them out, but they don't really stock anything, it's all order stuff, comes in - in 3-4 days.

All of the places you have to sand / stain / varnish yourself.

St.Boni to Ashby?? I could but it together with you if you had a picture and measurements.I live by Willmar off HWY. 12 from here 71 north to saulk center 50 miles.Reply to this post & see if you want to get together at my place.Reitred carpenter 29 yrs.