• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Angle eye spoons

Crappieman

Since it seems a lot of people are starting to use these spoons, I would like to start a discussion on how people are fishing these and the juniors. Hints and tactics would be great. This is the first season I am using them. I used the juniors last week with regular jiggin action are caught a couple perch and crappie. Other ideas? I really think these are great spoons.

Good Topic! I have not picked up the Juniors yet, but I have the larger Angel Eyes. I use them similar to other jigging spoons. Usually tipped with an entire crappie minnow. Sometimes just the head, sometimes just the tail. I let the fish dictate that. As for a jigging action, well I use a series of 3 jig..pauses, after that I will pound the bottom a couple times, hit the rocks of kick up some mud and give it another 3 jig..pause series. With the Angel Eye, the slow fall or flutter is what seems to make it so effective. Usually the fish will slam it on the way down, sometimes it is on the pause. But, I would recommend experimenting with them especially in shallow water when you have a chance to site fish. You will then come up with a sequence that works best for you. Good luck and keep experimenting, you will find that they are extremely effective.ScottS

Diddo what ScottS just said smile.gif
I used the (large) Angel Eye the other day and caught a nice walleye (and many more last year). I always use my Vexilar with this spoon and watch for the fish to move in and then I just finesse them to strike. It's quite exciting to watch. Sometimes if the fish doesn't hit it, I will raise my rod a full arm length and let it fall as fast as it can and the fish will nail it at that point, or when I stop the spoon from the fall about a foot from the bottom.

Hey what do these spoons look like! I was looking for them when I was shopping and could not find them. Is Angel eye the brand name of the lure or is it called someting else. I am hoping to purchase some and I don't know where. I looked, but had no luck. Thanks for your help?

Avid

They look like an Angel with really big wings. Just kidding, you can see them on this site under the tackel section. You will get all the info you need there.

I have not tried the Juniors yet, but I am excited to, I just have to pick some up. I already know they will work. If I knew how to attach a link here I would do so. Maybe someone who knows more about computers will do that.ScottS

You can buy them off this site, because I could not find them either Just go to ice leader tackle. Shipping Minnesota handles the process. I am very happy with them. I ordered a 3 man glacier on last thursday and got over the weekend. I order the angle eye and the angle eye juniors from them.

Here you are guys!
http://fishingmn.com/walleye-perch-icefish-kit.html
http://fishingmn.com/angel-eye-kit.html
http://iceleaders.com/ice-fishing-gear.html

I couldn’t find a link for the juniors? Maybe Rick will know when he reads these posts?
Good luck you guys and this sounds like a good topic!
Wayne “FISH” grin.gif
www.icesaws.com

------------------
http://www.icesaws.com/

I just read this topic and will try to help out here.

The Angel Eye spoon is a minnow shaped spoon that is designed to "drift" to the side of your hole causing a slow drop. In the 2000-2001 season we had only the one size which for some seemed to large. Therefore, during the 2001-2002 season we designed the smaller version but yet kept the action of the big sister.

Some tips and hints:

Tip this spoon with either a live minnow, a wax worm/grub or my favorite is to use just the head of a minnow. I like to put the hook in the mouth and out thru the hard top section of the head.

When putting this spoon down your hole be sure to let out as much line out as possiable so that the spoon is free to drift down your hole.

Jig this spoon in a semi gentle jigging motion until you see a fish approach the lure. At that time a quiver pause action will generally trigger a bite.

When you feel the bite set the hook but be sure you do not set to hard. The hooks on these are extra sharp and a hard hook set is not needed.

For those of you who are looking for them in stores they are out there but tough to find yet. This product is a product of Scenic Tackle. In the metro area, some stores have the Angel Eye Jr and the Original Angel Eyes available in the single packs only. Buying them here by the kit you get two of each of the six colors in the Jrs and 6 of the top selling colors in the Orginal Angel Eye.

For those of you who have used them and have shared your information, Thank You. It is you people who make the manufacturers know we are doing it right.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle

I don't think they are in stores near the cities, but that is a question for Jeff if he reads these posts. I haven't seen any Angel Eyes in any store.

You may have to order from this site as it would be the most efficient way to get them. Trust me, it is worth it! I won't fish without 'em.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

You can find all the Ice fishing gear at:
http://fishingminnesota.com/sportgood.html

Broncosguy, If you want the Angel Eye Spoons or Jr's, you should really consider getting them here. It helps keep this site and forum going and it also helps the folks who design and manufacture these new items that help you catch more fish.

If I'm on Winnie perch fishing, I will use the spoons much like ScottS described. Then if it slows a bit I will bring the spoon up to the top of the hole and let it free-fall to the bottom. It will fall away form the center of the hole. I then will hop it on the bottom. The perch and walleyes love picking this spoon tipped with a minnow off the bottom. It can be deadly.

If you view the bottom on top of some of the sand bars you will notice that it looks like the surface of the moon with all the pockmarks. The perch are feeding right in the sand. So bottom fishing can be very effective.

If you're targeting walleyes, glide it down a break and hop it back up the break.