• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Las Vegas track

mnwild

Has anyone ever been to a race at this track?? Reason I ask is I was given a 4 pack of tickets to the race March 11th and I have never been to a race before and I always told myself if I went to a race it would be there. Also does anyone know how much these tickets go for (i dont have them in my hand yet) because I may have 2 extra and want to see how much I could get for them.

We went a few years ago and had a blast. I'm not as sure now with the reconfigue (sp?). I liked the track. You can actually take the city bus to the track. I would try and hook up with a tour company for transfers. Also one difference is you can't bring in your own cooler.

I was at this track probably 4-5 years ago now. In all honesty it was my least favorite race I've gone too. I think the reconfig of the track will help if they aren't going so fast that they can't pass. It was pretty much follow the leader when I was there on the old track. The bigger problem though, was that I love Vegas and I love going to races, but both in one trip was too much so you couldn't do either the right way. Just my opinion, but for me, I want to camp at the tack and take in the festival atmosphere for several days, not go do Vegas things and leave the race atmosphere altogether...

At any rate, ANY NASCAR race is fun.

They were definitely fast in testing the other day, but I wonder about how the reconfiguration is going to make racing as well. As lawdog stated, it's pretty much a follow the leader type track, but with the change in banking, it almost seems like it could be one more cookie-cutter track... Fast, though...definitely fast... If the cars stick, it may be nothing more than a faster follow the leader.

Steve

I finally found out where my tickets are located. They are in Grandstand 1, Section M row 1. That is the only downfall about these tickets are being in the 1st row, probably won't be able to see the other side of the track. But 1 good thing is I will be very close to the action when the cars go by.

Either way, Nascar and Vegas makes a good combo, you'll have fun. We were there in '98 and had low seating by the start / finish line, still enjoyed the race, even though it was pretty uneventful, that should have changed now with the new track. We also took in the Busch race and the World of Outlaws too, don't know if they still run there Nascar weekend, during the Busch race, you could have just about any good seat in the place.

GO !! Just do it, you'll have a good time.

Mike