• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Internet "Rally"

Fluker

As mentioned above, I sure hope to make the FM "Rally" this year. I moved up from Missouri almost 6 years ago. I was introduced to Dietz through a friend and he has been an unbeleibable help in my adaptation to "Northern" fishing. Once I relized I couldn't fish "Bluff ends" in early spring, I started learning more. blush.gif)

I wanted to pass along an invite to the Rally that I have put on for 7 years now. It's called the IBBT. It's similar to what FM is doing in the summer. My event is March 31 / April 1 on Lake of the Ozarks in MO. It's a great cure for Cabin Fever! We'd be happy to have you if you decide to come. I'll post the link below, and feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions.

thefluker at gmail (Contact Us Please)

Fluker

hey, that sounds like a great time! I'll look for a partner and see if I can come down. There are some other guys on the site that have already talked about going to TableRock.

I was at Table Rock late March last year and the fishing was tougher than tough. I heard that Lake of the Ozarks was much better fishin last year.

Just gotta get Momma to let me off the chain ya know?

The Rock can be one of the toughest lakes in the country to fish, but it can also be one of the best. When you can read the words on a dime in 20 foot of water, you know the fish have got to be a little skiddish. smile.gif We had our tourney on Table Rock for 4 years in a row. Being a touch lake to fish for our travelers, coupled with poor weather (cold fronts each year) it wa hard to catch fish.

We moved to Lake Oz last year. The fact that Lake Oz has a little darker water, it made those seeing the lake for the first time a little more comfy atleast. We had some pretty decent fish last year, even with the same lucky Cold Front moving in on us. (80 on Thur, high of 50 on Sat for first day of tourney).

Hope you can make it.

Fluker

Fluker -

You just described the two days of our state B.A.S.S. Fed Tournament in September- first day 70's and bluebird skies with hardly a puff of wind and 50's with 2 ft rollers and howling wind on day 2....LOL

I'm one of the guys who is going to the Rock - we've got two boats and 4 guys so far and we'll be arriving down there on the 31st. There's a very generous fellow who has given us some awesome advice and tips and has even helped us narrow the lake down to the areas where the early spring action is most likely to occur.

A few years ago I went down also and had exactly the experience you described - after weeks of warm weather and the water approaching spawning temps a massive cold front (hail, tornadoes, etc) came through on the evening we arrived and killed everything (and nearly us as we were in a tent). But, it seems we were not in the best part of the lake for that time of year either. I caught two smallies on main lake points with a grub and my fishing partner did not get bit at all the whole week.

Hope second time is a charm!!

Daze Off

I'm thinking we must have been down there shortly after you that year. We missed the bad weather by a fews days, but got there just in time for the sucky fishing. I think 1 limit was brought in in 2 days!

There some guys from the IDA board going mid March and I offered to help them out. I'd be happy to lend you any advice as well with the caveat it might not help. LOL!! Shoot me an e-mail and we can work out a time to talk and go over maps.

thefluker at gmail (Contact Us Please)

Chuck

I went to Table Rock the first week of April about 13 years ago. Apparently, the should have been here yesterday scenario existed then as well. It was snowing like a son-of-a-gun when we got there and really never warmed up much after that. We did catch fish, just not a lot of them.

Ray -

I'm going to give it one more try and then find somewhere further south if this trip repeats the other. At least this time I will bring clothes for both scenarios which I did not do last time.

Daze Off