• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"One tough duck" is back in the news again

Remember this duck story about a week ago. the one where the duck was still alive in the duck hunters fridge after two days, when his wife found it alive and rushed it to a animal care center

well, it's back in the headlines

------------------------

Refrigerator duck plays Lazarus again

Bird that lived 2 days in fridge after being shot flat-lines in surgery, revives

Updated: 3:36 a.m. CT Jan 29, 2007

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Call her Lazarus — and then some.

The ring-neck duck has been shot by a hunter, rescued from two days in a refrigerator by his wife and — in its latest brush with death — resuscitated on a veterinarian's operating table.

The one-pound female duck stopped breathing Saturday during an operation to repair gunshot damage to her wing, said Noni Beck of Goose Creek Wildlife Sanctuary. Veterinarian David Hale performed CPR and managed to get the fractured fowl breathing again after several tense moments.

"I started crying, 'She's alive!'" Beck said.

Perky grabbed national attention last week after a hunter's wife opened her refrigerator door and the supposedly dead duck lifted its head and looked at her. The duck had been in the fridge for two days since it was shot and mistaken for dead on Jan. 15.

-----------------------

There's kids in this country that can't get medical care and they are spending this much time, effort and money on a duck that should have been stuffed, baked and eaten by now.

What the heck is this world comming to!!!

Not to hijack the post, but today I read that "The Barbaro Fund" raised 1.2 million dollars for the family that bred and raised that horse. 1.2 million! I could use that money to pay for my school right about now (and about 60 other students). I mean, we are talking about horse racing people with millions of dollars, dozens of 6 figure horses, barns, acres and acres of pasture, and they set up a fund for them!

Count me as one of the people who really didn't care that much about the Barbaro situation, at least not on a day by day watch like the news seem to have since the Preakness.

Quote:

Not to hijack the post, but today I read that "The Barbaro Fund" raised 1.2 million dollars for the family that bred and raised that horse. 1.2 million! I could use that money to pay for my school right about now (and about 60 other students). I mean, we are talking about horse racing people with millions of dollars, dozens of 6 figure horses, barns, acres and acres of pasture, and they set up a fund for them!

Count me as one of the people who really didn't care that much about the Barbaro situation, at least not on a day by day watch like the news seem to have since the Preakness.

I hear ya man--to spend that kind of money on something with those kind of odds...I think you're better off cutting your losses and training a new horse!

The federal rule CFR 50; 20.38

Possession of live birds.

"Every migratory game bird wounded by hunting and reduced to possession by the hunter shall be

immediately killed and become a part of the daily bag limit. No person shall at any time, or by any

means, possess or transport live migratory game birds taken under authority of this part."

The really funny part is the feds see this and DO NOT ENFORCE the rule...Hummmmmmmmmm Equality?

How nice by accepting this bird the vet is also in violation of this rule....Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm