• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

less fish this year?

arcticcat400

after fishing last night and only catching one little northern i was thinking about how i havent caught nearly the amount of fish this year compared to other i dont know if its the wierd weather we've had or what but this is one of the worst years ive had for fishing in the southern part of the state im talkin about and most of the other people i talk to around here are saying the same thing so is it just me or are other people experiencing the same thing?

Its been a good year so far.

I haven't happened into many big, trophy fish yet but the average size of my catch this year has been real nice. Numbers have been off the charts as well.

We'll see what happens next month when the mid-winter doldrums arrive.

Havent been out as much as previous years due to late ice, But so far season has been a bust,go to lakes river etc. not putting out fish for me and others, although havent been up north yet so that could change things also feb things start looking up for the Craps....oh well I keep trying

This year has just been down right phenomenal for myself and those I have fished with.. Clients and friends... Has been a continued fish catching year since this fall...

For those of you that are not having great success, why do you believe this is the case? Are you moving, trying out different structure? What species are you mainly targeting?

I hope it picks up for you that are struggling... Late ice is just around the corner though....

Quote:

This year has just been down right phenomenal for myself and those I have fished with...

You aren't kidding Jim! You've had an awesome winter so far, and still have a couple months left.

I have had a very poor year. On the lake I am on, there are less than 1/3 of the houses on the ice as last year. Of those I talk to, they say the bite is slow and the fish are small. I do think it has to do with the very low water levels in my lake. One of the bays are completely cut off from the others due to low water. But it is still better than anything else. On a good note, all of my gear works perfectly. Nothing on my to do list. smile.gif

I would say this year has been a down year for myself, but mostly because of a new job that allows me to only be out on the ice on the weekends. Not being able to try different spots is the problem im sure. Last years hot spots are not the case this year, and not enough time to find this years... hopefully I stumble on something soon!

Been a pretty good year on the ice so far. I have also been out quite a bit more this year than last. New toys have kept my mind on ice fishing. New Vex, portable, auger and other gear. Crappies have been small so far compared to last year when I found some nice 15-16'' slabs. Still have plenty of time for the crappies though. Haven't had a chance to get to my spot because I've been too busy chasing eyes. Walleye action has been a lot better, and the gills and pike are always willing. I wanna get on some channel cat action more than anything though. Either gonna head up to the chain or try some of the stocked metro lakes.