• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wierd Question

Jim Uran

Question

8 answers to this question

I'm replacing it because I had a guy at the shop run it through his computer and he said that's what came up?? I also changed the fuel filter but he said the knock sensor is bad. It's a rebuilt motor with about 200,000 miles on it but I dont know I already have the part I just need to know where the heck it is on that particular motor.

Airjer is right it is rare...I've seen 1 maybe 2 in all my years that was actually bad. Whatever the case if you want to do it.....its not always a fun job. You may have antifreeze pouring out if you dont drain the system first. On many models (not all) the knock sensors are threaded in the block into the water jacket of the engine. When you remove it antifreeze may be gushing out, so let it cool off before trying to do it. Some others (if you are lucky} are threaded into a solid part of the block and no water will be present, so you'd be wise to remove it slowly to see if any coolant starts to seep before taking it out. If it does you'd better drain it first.