• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

found stray!

Bobb-o

found a stray that was in pretty bad shape and was darn near hypothermic this afternoon. no collar, just wandering around outside, her back two legs were so cold she could barely walk. Does anyone know what kind of dog she is? i was thinking a border collie mixed with something else. Is there a best kind of food for a dog that may not have eaten for awhile?

puppy.jpg

Use a premium food like Eukanuba or Cannidae etc... Feed them small portions and slowly increase over a couple weeks time... Don't let it gorge itself. Several small meals over the day will be better for it than one or two big meals.

Looks like a border collie/something to me.

Take it into the vet and have it checked out and vaccinations / worming brought up to date if you are going to keep it... don't take a chance if those have been done yet or ever.

Hats off to you for taking her in during this cold snap... if it was in that bad of shape already, probably wouldn't have made it through this next one...

Good Luck!

Ken

so far she is the most well-behaved dog i have ever had. she loves people, never barks, growls, or whines. doesnt mind going in a kennel at night. she loves attention and to be pet, doesnt eat too much, in fact we just try and keep her dish with food in it and she just has a bite here and there. she wont jump on furniture unless you tell her to. all in all a great dog.

I agree with setter....just wondering if you are (or have) put out an effort to locate the owners? Sounds like someone could be missing a good friend.....

I do commend you for bringing in the pup....great work!!!

she had no collar, and no microchip. We had seen her running the neighborhood a couple days prior and we also have been keeping our eyes out for lost dog posters but nothing so far. She also hasnt been fixed and i was wondering how old a dog can be and still be fixed?

Typically people who've lost a stray will put in a call to the local humane society and/or county sherif. Good idea to give them both a call if looking to cover bases.

She's almost the spitting image of our little dog. Ours actually has a white strip looking all skunk like. Does the tail curl over like a huskies? Hard to tell breed possibilities without seeing the entire dog I guess.