• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power Noodle

Iceman12

I'm looking at possibly getting a new Thorne Bros rod for panfishing. I have a Sweetheart and would like to get a different type. I know Matt Johnson wrote a little bit about all the different types at some point but I cannot find it for the life of me. Anyone have some insights into the Power Noodle?

The Power Noodle has its time and place. I like it for tight-lining on the bottom of the lake for bottom feeding pannies, or else as a deadstick approach. It can work as a jigging rod, but I prefer either the Finesse Plus, Sweet Thing, or a version of the Sweet Heart if going the jigging route. Add a spring bobber and you have yourself a jigging machine.

The Power Noodle doesn't allow you to really "pound" a jig, mainly because of the quick tip. You can finesse a jig just fine, but oftentimes it's that pound that works the magic. I personally have more control with the Finesse Plus, Sweet Thing, or Sweet Heart.

If you're looking for a versatile rod, then go with the Sweet Thing or Sweet Heart...

I have a sweetheart and was just looking for something else that would detect light bites. I though the Power Noodle would be a good option for this but maybe just getting the spring bobber would be the way to go after reading Matt's post.

I've got seven of the Power Noodles, the nice thing about a TB rod is that you can have it made anyway you want!!! First off if you want to really finesse and tightline your jigs, have it made without the blaze orange paint at the tip section. Its ok if you want to dead stick the rod, so you can see it, but the paint really stiffens the last 3 inches of the rod. I have five like that, that last two were made without the paint also, but I asked for some outside eyes to be put on. It made the tip bounce even more without overloading the blank. Excellent rod for those light biters