• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake help

Me and a friend are thinking of fishing devils lake for the first time next weekend. We would like to chase some perch and walleyes and possibly some pike. I am just looking for some basic information on how to fish the lake, types of structure and depths ect. I know a guide would be good for such a large diverse lake but thats out of the question for a couple college kids, so any information that will point us in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Joe

Try along the flooded timber and the old road beds. Jigging raps, buckshots and other jigging spoons work well tipped with a fathead, minnow heads, or waxies. Depth can vary. We caught walleye and perch anywhere from 8ft to 40 feet two weeks ago.