• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

On a Walleye & Perch search in NY and PA

Well i'm from upstate New York and if your looking for Walleye and Perch in Central or Upstate New York I would recommend for Walleye Onieda Lake (just North of Syracuse,NY and i perfer the North Shore)also Perch in Onieda. A liitle further North theres Sandy Pond for Perch and also lots of Northern Pike. Hope this was some help. FLAG!!!

I would also recommend Otisco Lake just southwest of Syracuse. From shore use the causeway at the south end of the lake. There's some real nice CNY walleyes if you hit it at the right time.

Has anyone fished any of the finger lakes?
I have heard or should I say read a lot about these lakes. I'll try Otisco Lake and Onieda Lake if the ice comes this year. Think ICE!!! cool.gif

How is fishing in New York? I'm looking at taking a job out there when I'm done with school in 3 months. Are there a lot of places to fish, does every thing get pounded? Hoe is the walleye and crappie population and sizes of the fish? I've heard you have excellent deer hunting. I just dont know if I good give my lakes up here in Minnesota. The hunting and fishing here might just be to hard to leave.

Catch-N-Release

Morrocco Mole- since your coming from Del., I assume you'll travel I81. I would also suggest Whitney Point Res. (crappie/
walleye/sunfish/bass) and the kettle lakes that can be seen on either side of I81 between the Homer exit and the Tully exit. (trout/walleye/crappie/pickerel/northerns) On Otisco (which is generally considered a fingerlake), the north end always freezes first so I would try there, otherwise be sure to look for others on the ice before venturing out. The other fingerlakes usually don't freeze up with the exception of Cayuga (at the north end, trout/pickerel
/bass/northerns/panfish)

fisherman- where is your job offer in NY? As with most states there is both good and bad areas. Fishing pressure can be quite high at some lakes but minimal at others. As for number of places to fish, probably not as many as Minn. but I can guarantee there's more than most states. Walleyes and Crappies can be found in most areas and size will of course depend on the water. Walleyes of upwards of 10lbs. can be caught depending on where you go Otisco, St. Lawrence, Lake Erie/Ontario. Oneida has a larger pop. of smaller "eatin" walleyes 15-22" Crappies usually avg. 12-14" depending on where you go. Trout/Salmon are very popular here on the Finger Lakes, Lake Ontario, and Salmon River with most being 15-20lbs. and many larger 35+ being caught also. Deer season is great 300,000+ this year not to mention the turkeys, and duck/geese pop. Let me know if there's any place specific you want to know about ...I'd be glad to try and help.

Two sites you may both want to check out.
www.crappiederby.com
www.great-lakes.org/fish_ny.html

Tight lines!!!