• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Abandoned Portable Shack on Lake

emkat1

I've noticed a homemade portable that has been blown accross the lake and laying on its side for 2 weeks now. I've checked it out and it has no markings. I'm kind of thinking this is fair game to take off the lake. Am I out of line thinking this or should it stay?

I'd say it's fair game, supprised no one has grabbed it yet. If you want to be a nice guy, you could tell the local bait shops you found it and see if it gets claimed. I wouldn't mention it's a homemade one, see if whoever claims it can describe it. If no one legit comes around, you know it's yours fair and square. Am I being too much a boyscout with that train of thought?

Quote:

If no one legit comes around, you know it's yours fair and square. Am I being too much a boyscout with that train of thought?

Absolutely NOT! You never know why, or, what happened for the guy/gal to leave it out there. I would definetly let the bait shop know about it and possibly post something on a message board (to reiterate sandmannd). Obviously without a description. Then hang on to it. Using it while in your possession may cause issues, but, if you pointed out that you have it posted as missing, they would be more than happy just to get it back.

IMO, A person can never be accused of being too much of a boyscout...On the other hand, I would not want to be on the opposite side of this comment.

Give it a reasonable amount of time, if no one claims it, it is yours. When I was younger, a buddy and I found a boom box style radio, we did not want to be called thieves, so we brought it to the cop shop, we were told after 30 days if no one claimed it, it would be ours. So, we went back to the cop shop on the 31st day. With a new stereo to listen to while fishing, and, a clear conscience to enjoy it.