• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lure advise

lookincalifornia

i think this site use to allow p.ms and then they axed them for some reason or another. i am sure deitz/ ray will chime in and let us know the reason behind the madness. i will tell you this if you hunt around long enough on the internet you will find the terminator hybrid blade.

ike

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry my friends... I didn't mean for this thread to turn into what it has. If you have questions on this.. please feel free to e-mail me personally

[email protected]

If you read the forum policy when you signed on, it states all our forum rules. I didn't make them up, I am just asked to enforce them. You don't have to like the rules, just adhere to them. You are not allowed to have links to other comercial sites. If someone mentions a product that you are unfamiliar with. Feel free to type that word/lure into Google or Yahoo and you will probably find the lure in no time.

The PM(personal Mesage feature is turned off. It was taking up far too much bandwith and making the page run slow. It also encourages people to ask questions in the forums which other people are probably thinking as well rather than keeping secrets from everyone.

Please, get this post back on track!

deitz thank you for piping in and answering some questions. i always kinda wondered. alright now as far as the terminator blade goes do a google search for

terminator hybrid blade and you should find it.

Sorry this post got so messy kinda got hijacked for a while. The male A.D.D really came out there.

ike

Thanks for getting this back on line boys..

CB-I do a form of carolina rigging fom bass opener all the way till ice on... I use either Tubes or Comida(senko), or hawg baits... those are my main 3.. I will throw in a craw type lure or lizzard every now and again.. but most often go back to my main 3.

line?... I use 17 lb.. I have used as little as 10 and I have used as much as 50 lb braid... but seem to go back to the 17lb?... in clear water I will run a lighter lb leader.

how big and what type of weight do you use when carolina rigging. i don't have alot of silt on the bottom of the canyon resivors that i fish out here in cali. i was thinking of useing a 3/8-1/2 oz. bullet put on backwards to kick up a little more 'dust'. any body else do that. i suppose in a mud bottom lake it would just dig in. i don't carolina much, and haven't even tried in awhile. i fish mostly alone from shore, and don't have the vantage point that a boater would. so most of my carolina would just be chuckin' it out and hopin', but then a gain that is what shore fishing is like for me. wow i need a boat. cool.gif

Dude.. get a boat.. LOL...

As far as weight goes, I try and use what I feel I need. This changes from water depth, the size of the plastic I am pulling and the ammount of wind.

Anywhwere from 1/4 oz to 1oz

and yes, I have done the backwards sinker thing.. I would like to see it on underwater camera, I didn't think it made a difference.

ok, the real reason i started this post is because they are building a bps about a half hour from my house grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif it is supposed to open in the fall.(i'm a little worried because i didn't see anything about it in my catalog)

and i am hoping to have about $500 for the grand opening. i was gonna get a takle system and fill it. i'll get the rods and reels next year. i was planning on going for numbers of cranks as opposed to fewer high $ ones. anybody use the frenzy line of baits? i am an iowan born and raised, so i like to use berkley whenever i can. i like the looks of some of the bps line of topwaters also. if someone can really convince me to spend more money, i may. i know i'll slurge for some of those zell rolland poppers. i love a good popper bite cool.gif

If you want frenzys you will be able to afford a bunch, cause they are cheap in more than one way. Not many will back them up. The only ones I will use are the lipless cranks and the topwater poppers, other than that they are junk in my opinion. I would buy rapalas rapalas and more rapalas.

just be carefull about your trips to BP. your wife may start making more frequent trips to her favorite store too! grin.gif

the berkley stuff is/can be great! but i wouldn't get to brand specific, and i would start out with a few lures to see how they work for your situation! then as you find things that work you can expand to the same thing but in different colors/ or running depths etc. since you are talking about new rods. i would consider getting atleast one. the better equipment will make your fishing more fun also. i would get your tackle sys.some lures,( plastics,jigs,cranks,top waters, and such) and maybe one new rod set up. and have some extra money to expand with as you go! del

i like that del. i think i'll just get a couple of several different brands. i do have a few rod and reel combos, i was kinda hoping this could be an annual thing. $500 a year, more if i can swing it. so next year would be rod /reel year, then raingear/glasses and other acessories. that should put me at a good point for a while. i would likely order some stuff from cabelas too. they have some nice spinnerbait and buzzbait kits that bps doesn't offer. cool.gif