• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Official Predictions: Windy vs. Indy

OK Boys,

It is one week to the big dance and I don't know about you but I am having "football withdrawl", so I thought I would start the official thread. The current Las Vegas line has the Bears as 7 point dogs and I wanted to get some score predictions so we can all have a good laugh and maybe pass the time so here goes the first.

I am going with.....DAAAAAAAAA Bears to cover the spread and win the game outright by a score of 24 to 20.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Buzz,

You are going with the front runner but putting a different spin on it, eh? I don't agree with you, as you probably expected, but I like your creativity. Picking the Colts to win the game via the run when everybody outside of the Windy City is expecting Manning to turn Dolphins stadium into "Peyton" Place! I have to give you an "A" for creativity.

I arrived at my score of 24-20 this way: Colts will score two touchdowns, one on a sustained drive that Addai will in fact carry in and Peanut Tillman will get burned for a long TD via the air. The rest of the Colts scoring will come via two fairly long field goals after the Bears stop Manning around the 30 yard line.

The Bears will score one touchdown on a sustained long drive with Benson pounding it in on the ground. Rex will hit Berrian or Muhammed (my guess would be Berrian but Moose is known for the limelight and may want the big one) on a bomb of his own. The third touchdown will come from the defense or special teams with a returned punt or kickoff from Hester or the D will create a turn over that somebody picks up or off and returns for 6 pts. Robbie Gould will be as Good as Gould and will hit a FG of his own from 40 plus to seal another Bears Super Bowl after the Colts pull to within 1 with 2 minutes to go in the game.

The Colts will get the ball back with less than two minutes to go and Brian Urlacher will stop Manning at the 45 yard line with 33 seconds left in the game on a 4th down and 5 yard pass over the middle that Brian deflects away with his athletic ability.

I believe there will be many drives that are stopped on both sides and the game may come down to situational punting in which case Brad Maynard will continue to pin Indy deep in their own territory.

Let me know if you want to know which down each of the scoring drives will occur and I can fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle...LOL

Windy

Windy,

The hype is in motion now...I had to laugh at all the TV discussions on which is the best day to arrive for the game...sheesh, nothing else to analyze???

I have to take issue with your use of the words "another Bears SB"....."other" would have been more accurate for your prediction.

You won't agree with mine:

INDY 30

Bears 24

I just remember a few times when opponents ran all over the Bears... ie.. Frank Gore, Ronnie Brown, Tiki Barber, Shawn Alexander, Ahman Green/Morency combo etc. The Bears also won like four games by three points or less and in my eyes are a far less impressive team than the Colts, Patriots, Chargers or Ravens... Therefore I "think" the Colts will "try" and pound away at the Bears and burn em' with that play action when the Bears creep up to stop the run.

Because we have some "healthy" bantering going on in the office I might as well spread to this forum. Manning has come to far to hand it over to DAAAAAAAAA-LOOOOOSEEEERRRRRRS!!!!!

Colts 31

DaLosers 14

mr grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

All valid points, Buzz. I guess the only thing we can do is wait for the game to see. Until then we get five more days of mindless drivel as Geno was reffering to. What each team will eat for breakfast, whether Peyton Manning had skim milk on his Wheaties and how many slices of bacon Urlacher had. Real interesting stuff!!!

Windy

I would also bet the Bears and the points in this one but I will call the Colts the winners. Harrison, Wayne and Manning will not give the ball away like they young kids and Brees in the last round.

Colts 23

Bears 20

Quote:

WHOOOOOOOOOOSsssssssshhhhhhhhhhhh that is the sucking sound Chicago will be making when the air is let out of their season as Indy eats clock and scores points...
grin.gif
[ I hope]

Indy 31 Chi 17 I have increased the margin of victory!!

I dont think you'll see the bears with a long TD pass. Its the best thing the colts are the best at defending, the long pass play.

The colts will spread the field and give that bears secondary all kinds of problems. Harrison will have a line of about 9 receptions 135 yards and a touch. Wayne with a line of about 7 receptions and 85 yards. The colts will run the ball effectively enough for the playaction too work wonders. Clark will get his catches also behind the linebackers because of this. And with all the weapons on the field taking up all the attention you will see the former gopher Ben Utecht with a few big grabs down the seam as his knee is going too be ready too play. And it will be the colts defense picking off a terrible Grossman pass and housing it for 6. Dwight Freeney off the edge forces the bad pass. I agree with someone earlier, as good as the bears D is at forcing TO's i dont think the colts will give them the 3 they hope too get and i dont think the bears offense consistently drives 80 yards.

Indy 27 Bears 13.

This is an easy game to predict...............

Indy 41

Vikes 0

Oh wait wrong team blush.gif guess im used to monumental collapsing living up here grin.gif

BEARS...31

Indy....16

You can take that to the bank,but dont ,youll be laughed out of there.....