• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I did not see that coming....

setterguy

Wow, what a performance by the Sioux this weekend. The gophers never really looked in sync, let's just hope that they get it straightened out in the next few weeks here or it could be an early exit in the playoffs. I guess the book is out, keep taking penalties, and wear down the top lines of the gophers.

I would have to disagree with the taking penalties being a good thing to do. If you keep taking penalties against the gophers it is only a matter of time before they score. The sioux played very physical this weekend, and that and their speed was the difference, in my opinion. And, of course goaltending was a key.

Hooks, tripping, and interferance calls were the silly penalties the Sioux took. Lucky for UND, goaltending and a few posts kept the goofs at bay. You do not want to go a man down to the gopher power play. And for sure, you do not go down two men or 4 on 3.

I must say the WCHA officiating is the worst I have ever seen. It is a disgrace. The best league in all of college hockey and the worst officals in all of college hockey. Both ways this weekend, the calls made little sense and players were diving all over the place to get these a$$clowns to make a call. A joke.

Sheppard needs to make some changes. The fighting rule is terrible. It is only a matter of time before teams get a fourth liner out there and have them jump the star player in a fight. Both players get suspended for fighting and one team loses a fourth liner and the other team loses a first liner. Sheppard picks his nose and the best he can do is fire Jeff Dubay? Come on Sheppard! You should fire yourself after what happened in the Denver-Gopher series.

They need to either let them fight and give them a five-minute major or have Sheppard take a look a the fight during the week and make a decision after reviewing what took place. Had Sheppard done this, Gordon would not have missed the Friday night game. I am not sure Sheppard has the sense to review the poor officiating, it might take him all week.

I am just sick of poor officals messing up a great game.