• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crystler 35 OB HELP

sparcebag

Question

7 answers to this question

Mercury sells chrysler parts however they are becoming obsolete. Is this a magna system or an alternator system? Email me and I can give you a parts and service manual for a 45 HP chrysler which covers both magna and alternator ignitions. Let me know what parts you are looking for as well. Like I said some are around but hard to find. Keep an eye on hsolist and search there using chrysler outboards. My email is [email protected]

I had a 15hp Chrysler OB.... had to simply toss it... no one would even TOUCH the thing. No parts... bad motor... etc... and that one even worked somewhat. Just needed the parts for the pull cord... nothing.

good luck on your journey!

Twin City Outboard has parts and will work on them. If the motor is siezed I would not mess with it. If it runs they are simple to work on. Mine is 40 years old and runs like a champ. Their HP is over rated where a 35 Merc or evinrude will get you more speed. Resale on it is nothing. I doubt you would even get a bid on hsolist unless you part it out. I got a complete lower unit for my 45HP for 50 bucks on hsolist and have been running it for 5 years now with no problems.

I bought it with a boat & trailor for $350.00, boat needs work too.I'm retired so times no problem,the motor is turning and ready to try to start! if I cant get it to work thats fine, but I was told it ran great, the reason it sat the floor rotted out in the boat!The guys kid took the boat appart lost pieces lost interest let it set 2-3 years.Now it's mine! EURO YOU GOT MAIL!

Slyster;Maybe if you ever fish my area,Diamond lake by willmar,you could highten my knowledge of my Meade EXT70AT.I just putz around with it ,I'm thinking of getting the camera mount for wild life pics,It's so clear up close 100 yds or so.