• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats your average hours spent on a outing of ice fishing?

Fishdeer

How many hours do you spend on an outing, on a day of fishing? People think im crazy and there is something wrong with me , they say im like the only one to enjoy fishing as much as i do . Im just trying to prove a point that im not the only one. I like to spend 4 to maybe 6 hours on a day of fishing. like on the weekend saturday and then if there biting again on sunday.

When I can get out I'm usually out for 2-4 hours. I tend to fish within 30-45 min drive from home. My wife and I have three kids 4,3,and my son turned 2 today... That is why my outings are rather brief. However I do get out 2-3 times a week during the school year and about 5 times a week during the summer as I am a teacher and have summers off. Occationally I'll get out on a weekend excursion or an entire day event. I never personally get tired of wetting the line. Can't wait to retire in 34 years.... grin.gif

When I am able to go, I do go for usually 4 days at a time, but I am one of the fortunate ones that is on the ice only a few hundred yards from my lake place so I spend at least ten hours a day on the ice when there.

For me, as a guy who is engaged, and has no children, I don't even bother to considering going if it isn't at least for 6 hours at a shot... 8-9 is the average... 10 is not unheard of... I've got several 12's under my belt... .And of course if I'm with my buddy in the sleeper on Mille Lacs is usually a non stop 3 day weekend.