• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey guys, I have been fishing Chalco straight out from the boat ramp about 500yds and a little north. I don't know why everyone is fishing there, other then the fact that they are cathing fish. I have found no structure or real variations in depth there, but people every year fish there. I would think fishing structure and breaks in deeper water, rather than fishing 14-16'flats would be better. Am I missing something? confused.gif

Has anyone ventured over to the channel to fish? Or over to any of the holes or sunken tree lines? I am just wondering if these might hold some of the bigger Eyes Chalco has to offer? I know there are some big Eyes in there because we tied into one last night that got away at the hole, blush.gif but did manage to get one 21" fish on the ice.

If your kids like to fish, now is the time to take them. The ice is real safe out from the ramp 7-8" and it is good hard ice. This up and coming cold spell, starting Saturday, should create even safer ice. "YES"!!!! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

The kids will almost get tired of catching crappies if you get there a couple hours B4 sundown, and fish till dark.

It is a great way to get them involved in the outdoors, and spend some quality time with Dad. When your kid goes to school the next day, he or she will have bragging rights and stories to tell all day. What a Great Feeling for that boy or girl, to be able to touch nature and feel her surroundings. cool.gif Just the anticipation turned to excitment and then to Joy, and finally Pride that a kid goes through while fishing and catching a fish, is worth hauling all the gear out, bundling up the kids, loading up the truck, pulling it all out on to the ice, and setting it all up. tongue.gif

DAD,"CAN YOU TAKE ME FISHIN TODAY?" wink.gif

I am not sure which would be the easier way for you to take.

West Center South to 168th to Giles Road East or Dodge South to 168th to Giles road East. It will take you directly to the Park entrance.

Hope this helps, Any more ?'s I will see if I can help.

I hope the Ice hangs around a few more days or we may be traveling north to do our icefishing. frown.gif

Thanks for the info. I just moved to southern mn.not long ago but my mother and a few friends are living in the Elkorn area. Its nice to know a good place thats not far from there to maybe take the kids out when we are in town for the weekend. And your right we have plenty of ice around this area but I haven't had much time to do any serious fishin with work and all. mad.gif hope things change soon and thanks again smile.gif