• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance H2O Carrying Case?

Coach Dog

Question

I am looking at purchasing an H2OC. But what I do not see available is a carrying case. Is there such a thing for these, and if not, what does everyone use? I see Garmin and Magellan offer cases, but does Lowrance? I really want to protect my investment, so this is important for me.

Also, am I buying the right unit? It seams like the most popular. I want to use it for fishing primarily so I plan on adding the map chip.

Thanks, Coach Dog

9 answers to this question

Give thorne brothers a call. They will most likely have the H20 and the case in stock. They also have a good selection of RAM mounts and accessories that you may be interested in as well for your H2O. Which reminds me I need to pick up a suction cup window mount for my H2O

Here's the number 763-572-3782.

The H2O will come highly recc. by many on this site. I have the greyscale version and rarely head out with out it. One of the few complaints is that the older color models went through batteries fairly quickly. A friend of mine just purchase a color version not to long ago and said he is getting around 8 hours of use with the settings he is using?

Quote:

I am looking at purchasing an H2OC. But what I do not see available is a carrying case. Is there such a thing for these, and if not, what does everyone use? Also, am I buying the right unit? It seams like the most popular. I want to use it for fishing primarily so I plan on adding the map chip.

Coach-

You are buying the right unit. The H2O C is a great unit and is tough to beat! I along with a lot of other people here use and love the color screen. Adding the navionics or lakemaster chips is a breeze and will put you on some good structure. Your case is available from Lowrance. It has a clear face to see the screen and push all the buttons. One bad thing with this case. You can't use it and the 12 volt adapter at the same time as there is no hole in the bottom for it. Go ahead and pull the trigger; you won't be disappointed.

I love mine - on the water and on the road. I have the LakeMaster MN chip and the detail is amazing. It will even give you an impressive list of restaurants, lodging, services available at interstate exits, etc. as well.

Recently visited Rochester for the first time and the unit told me what restuarants, services, grocery stores, movie theaters, etc. were near my hotel.

I have not seen this in the manual but I was fooling around with it the other day and found that if you press "exit" (I think - will have to check the key when I get home)repeatedly the unit will display a speedometer that covers the entire screen.

Daze Off

Quote:

I have not seen this in the manual but I was fooling around with it the other day and found that if you press "exit" (I think - will have to check the key when I get home)repeatedly the unit will display a speedometer that covers the entire screen.

Yes, exit three times. Then, you can use the "Z in" and "Z out" keys to adjust the scale of the speedo.

I love my H2OC. Just came back from a cold W/E at LOW, and it worked flawlessly with the lakemaster chip. As far as cases, GPS outfitters makes the best case I have seen. gpscase.jpg

It runs about $15, and dont worry about the out of stock on the pic, I'm sure places will have them. I got mine at Reeds, but I think Cabelas and Gander have them also.

I was in a hurry so just went into Best Buy with the H2O and matched it with a camera case (LowePro)...looks just like the picture above but has a seperate pouch outside that perfectly carries four extra batteries, about $10.